Social Media Chair,
- This is a volunteer position
- Start/End Date: January 2020 – June 2022
Founded in 1914 as the American Institute of Graphic Arts, AIGA is now known simply as “AIGA, the professional association for design.” In 1981, a group of Philadelphia designers formed AIGA Philadelphia, the first local chapter of the American Institute of Graphic Arts. AIGA Philadelphia’s purpose is both integral and complementary to the national organization: to provide the highest standards within the profession and the business community and to stimulate interest and understanding of graphic design and visual communication through lectures, exhibitions, and other activities. We recognize diversity through professional backgrounds, years of practice, areas of professional experience, economic level, cultural background, age, ethnicity, place of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and cognitive and physical abilities.
AIGA is the profession’s oldest and largest professional membership organization for design—with more than 70 chapters and more than 18,000 members—we advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force.
For more information about AIGA Philadelphia, please visit us at https://philadelphia.aiga.org/.
As the Social Media Chair, you will grow our social reach by developing creative content and messaging for our various social media channels. The Social Media Chair will work with the Communications Director to execute communication strategies and keep membership engaged by developing exciting content for our monthly newsletter. We are looking for someone who will maintain a strong online presence while continuing to expand our brand.
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH:
- You will maintain and moderate our social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- You will collaborate with the Communications Director to ensure that all digital communication is aligned with our branding
- You will create engaging content and material for our social media platforms including our website and newsletter
- You will develop a posting schedule that will consider web traffic and engagement metrics
- You will oversee and manage participation in any chapter social media-based events, such as chats, contests or membership drives
- You will determine new channels that are important for the chapter, based on popularity and usage among membership
- You will attend monthly board meetings to report on monthly social media metrics and advise on social media initiatives
- You will attend chapter events to provide live social media coverage
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are able to deliver creative content
- You have strong communication and writing skills
- You have experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn)
HOW TO APPLY:
We are very excited to review your application. Please follow the steps below and you should hear from our team within 72 hours. All documents and questions should be submitted to Bernardo Margulis at email@example.com.
- Letter of Intent: please submit a one page letter of intent explaining why you are interested in the role and what makes you particularly qualified for the position.
- Current Resume and Contact Information
- Two professional reference statements: may be current or former supervisors or colleagues.
- This is a 250-500 word minimum statement that speaks to the skills required for the role, and why the candidate is a fit.