Call for nominations
We invite you to participate in our open call for nominations for the 2018 AIGA Philadelphia Board.
What is involved?
- Commitment: We are looking for community members who can commit to a two-year agreement to lead and serve the AIGA Philadelphia design community through volunteering time in support of chapter initiatives. This commitment can be an extremely rewarding experience, but can also be demanding—it necessitates hard work and dedication of time.
- Leadership: In this role, you will be trusted to be a face and voice of the design community in Philadelphia through your leadership service. This involves leading a committee of AIGA volunteers, attending events, greeting members, recruiting future members, meeting with partners, networking and always advocating for the value of AIGA.
Being a board member is more than responsibility and something productive to do in your spare time—it’s a commitment to our design community in Philadelphia. It’s the dedication to see design continue to grow, adapt, thrive and improve. It’s the desire to bring new initiatives, speakers, designers and inspiration to our membership.
Open board positions
We are accepting nominations for the following positions:
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position. To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to email@example.com
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why the candidate would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 13, 2018
Not ready for a two-year commitment? We’re always looking for volunteers to join us. To learn about other volunteer opportunities or if you have questions about any of the above board positions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org