Join the board: Website Director
The Website Director is responsible for management and engagement for our chapter’s WordPress website. This includes ensuring consistent functionality and experience, managing content updates, maintaining the job board postings, and all related website needs. The Director should lead the committee in developing new ideas to improve the site, iterate new site features and maintain connections with the local web community.
- Manage and maintain the chapter’s website, ensuring continuous site functionality.
- Partner with the Communications Director to keep the website content fresh and updated in a timely matter.
- Oversight and development of all website initiatives that coincide with Board activities including forms, database development and site enhancement.
- Updating chapter job board
- Review analytics to continually review how to utilize the website as a source of income
This Director needs to be organized, motivated, and enthusiastic. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills a must. Demonstrate working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and content management systems is a must
It is recommended that the Director form a committee of volunteers to help with maintenance and updates.
The Director is required to attend all board meetings or send a committee member if unavailable.
The Director serves a 2-year role. In the event that the role cannot be fulfilled, it is incumbent upon the Director to find a suitable replacement, agreed upon by the board.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position. To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why the candidate would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 13, 2018