Join the board: Volunteer + Member Engagement Director
AIGA Philadelphia is a volunteer run organization, and our success is directly correlated to the involvement of passionate, dedicated people. The Volunteer + Member Engagement Director is a liaison that connects our members, our board, our committees and our community.
- Serve as a liaison between design community and AIGA Philadelphia board to match volunteer interests with board needs.
- Assist board members in developing long-term committees and short-term volunteer engagements
- Facilitate and keep the pulse of conversation on Slack channel; welcome new members and potential volunteers, post volunteer requests
- Welcome new members as they join the chapter via email/social media
- Liaise with other like-minded community organizations; seek out opportunities to partner and collaborate
This Director needs to be organized, motivated, enthusiastic and highly social. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills a must.
It is recommended that the Director form a committee of volunteers to help with program planning and logistics.
The Director is required to attend all board meetings or send a committee member if unavailable.
The Director serves a 2-year role. In the event that the role cannot be fulfilled, it is incumbent upon the Director to find a suitable replacement, agreed upon by the board.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position. To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why the candidate would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 13, 2018