Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Newark, DE
Website: University of Delaware – Office of Development & Alumni Relations
Start Date: March 1, 2019 or sooner
Position Type: Part-time (25 hours a week)
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) seeks a talented graphic designer with an eye for dynamic, cohesive design that complements content and advances the University’s mission. This position will be responsible for designing and producing projects that support DAR including brochures, invitations, booklets, reports, emails and web pages. The designer will work collaboratively with all areas of DAR, and be provided branding guidelines and template documents to assist in execution of projects. This is a part-time position (25 hours a week) Monday through Friday from March to July 2019. This position does not offer benefits. Compensation is commensurate with the level of experience.
- Provides graphic design services for the development and design of Development and Alumni relations communications and marketing materials including brochures, proposals, reports, invitations, emails, web presence and more.
- Manages production files for print pieces and serves as liaison with vendors related to printing, design and mailing of materials to ensure timely and acceptable delivery.
- Serves as main point-of-contact for DAR-related design projects. Ensures consistent branding and messaging for communications efforts.
- Assists with the conceptualization and execution of strategic, creative video projects that will communicate the DAR mission and elevate the DAR brand.
- Conceives of and manages creation of presentations, slideshows videos for DAR team to highlight giving opportunities and to showcase impact.
- Supports the email sending process by serving as a back-up sender of blast emails and providing expertise to colleagues about the email process.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion when dealing with President, high profile donors, volunteers and staff.
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to four years of job-related experience in graphic design, communications, marketing or related field.
- Graphic design experience including strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to adapt style and design to a variety of audiences. Strong skills in balancing multiple projects at one time
- Excellent written, organizational, and oral communication skills required with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects on tight deadlines are necessary.
- Ability to handle sensitive material and information confidentially.
Benefits and Salary:
This is a part-time position (25 hours a week) Monday through Friday from March to July 2019. This position does not offer benefits. Compensation is commensurate with the level of experience.
To apply, please submit a resume with contact information and designs samples (via PDF or online) to firstname.lastname@example.org.