Position: Interactive / Digital Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: The Karma Agency
Karma Agency is looking for a designer with digital expertise to develop stunning concepts across multiple platforms. Candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative environment within an active creative studio and…most importantly, have a passion for great design.
- You are a thinker first, designer second.
- You like to get out of your chair and commune with humans.
- You’ve got a digital native’s instincts and can demonstrate smart web solutions, social tactics and online campaigns.
- You can make beautiful harmony between user experience, visual design and content.
- While broad experience can influence good design, this position requires an interactive design backbone, so print designers will not be a good fit.
- Comprehensive understanding of graphic design, typography, production and presentation skills using the current (Mac) versions of the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience with web design processes such as sitemaps, wireframes, and page compositions
- Proficiency with HTML/CSS/JS, user interface design, and digital graphic design
- Experience with UX methods and deliverables
- Knowledge of CMS platforms including WordPress, Drupal, Umbraco, etc.
- Familiar with animation software such as After Effects or Final Cut a bonus
Required Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Create original graphic content for websites, social media, rich banner ads, and templates from concept to delivery
- Strong written and verbal skills that demonstrate an ability to articulate ideas
- Conceptual creative thinking, and thoughtful strategy to achieve our clients’ business objectives
- Work closely with content writers and deeply understand the content you design
- Prepare and organize files for successful digital production, web development, and implementation
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and emerging trends
- Uphold the agency’s high standards to ensure only the best work is released to the client
- Self-disciplined, collegial and possessed of a cool head
- Pride in attention to detail, file organization, efficiency and error-free work – Both the ability and desire to succeed on a team
- A love for learning and creative thinking
- Recognition that hard work is part of the job
- 3-5+ years in the industry with an amazing portfolio including a good body of digital work
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent work experience