Position: Graphic Design Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: The Franklin Institute
Position Type: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
The position of Graphic Design Manager is to oversee the graphic design department in addition to designing projects in print, exhibit graphics and museum signage. Manager reviews design work and makes recommendations to designers prior to client submission for review and approval. He/she will oversee designers as well as design, estimate and produce projects in print in keeping with the brand and design standards of the organization. He/she will coordinate with other departments in the approval process of all collateral and web materials. The Graphic Design Manager is responsible for the final product, which means to produce an on-time, on-budget, high quality product that satisfies the museum’s needs. He/she may also serve as a member of the core team for the design of capital campaign exhibit projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design program.
- Minimum 5-7 years professional graphic design experience, including some staff management.
- Expert level knowledge of print and large format production processes as well as the Mac operating system and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products.
- Experience in File Maker Pro a plus.
- Experience in experiential graphic design is preferred.
Send your resume and portfolio to Employment@fi.edu.