Join the board
Social Media Chair
The Social Media Chair creates and executes tactical messaging/collateral via chapter social media properties, adhering to chapter strategy set by the Communications Director. He or she communicates the chapter’s messages to our members using our various social media channels and growing our social reach. The ability create new content related to our events schedule, leverage content provided to the Chair, and find relevant content to our community is essential. Ingenuity, strategy, and passion is a plus.
- Maintaining chapter social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), engaging/replying/moderating where needed
- Creating/sourcing/scheduling social media content appropriate, sometimes in tandem with website/newsletter content
- Moderate and organize discussion channels for the chapter’s Slack team
- Determining new channels that are important for the chapter, based on popularity and usage among membership
- Overseeing and managing participation/engagement in any chapter social media-based events (chats, contests, membership drives)
- Advise board on ongoing social media initiatives
- Attending as many events as possible for live social coverage
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 15, 2016
Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged.
How to Submit a Nomination
To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why he/she would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
- Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.