Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Sidecar Interactive
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience
OVERVIEW: We are looking for a Designer to join our Revenue team.
As a Designer, you will be exposed to all facets of the business and be encouraged to learn and develop skills both within and beyond your role. You’ll be working in one of the most collaborative offices in Center City Philly, developing and working with machine learning technology, surrounded by passionate, high-performing individuals. You will work with the Creative Lead to manage and forecast daily, weekly, and recurring design workloads while ensuring deadlines are maintained.
The ideal candidate should be a highly organized creative professional. They must be adaptable and ready to jump into a fast paced environment.
WHO WE ARE: Sidecar is dedicated to one mission: tackling the challenges retailers face in performance marketing channels like paid search and shopping.
Based on advanced artificial intelligence and deep data science expertise, our technology digests and analyzes massive amounts of real-time data to continually improve campaign performance and efficiency. Our team of performance marketing pros collaborates with our customers to ensure our approach and technology remain aligned to their businesses and goals.
Sidecar is dedicated to solving the challenges retailers face in performance marketing channels, and it shows. We’re proud to work with retailers of all sizes and verticals in the U.S. and abroad, including Under Armour, Crate & Barrel, and Boscov’s, to name a few.
As a company, we work hard to make a lasting impact in the rapidly evolving world of e-commerce marketing, and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our modern work environment and Slack-enabled team encourages collaboration and creativity, and our culture and leadership promote growth as individuals and as a company. While many of us come from e-commerce, statistical, and marketing backgrounds, we continue to enrich our team with broad perspective and experience.
You will work under the direction of the Creative Lead, collaborating with the marketing team to execute projects ranging from: digital & printed publications, events collateral, maintaining and improving our websites, marketing campaigns, infographics and data visualizations, creating email templates, designing or updating presentation decks, taking company photos, and various other projects that are typical for an in-house creative team. Your are comfortable working on a nimble team responsible for all things design-related; focused on design-thinking & creative problem solving, while ensuring that deliverables meet the necessary project requirements and deadlines.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.F.A or Bachelor’s in Design or something similar
- 1-2 years of traditional agency/studio experience
- A developed portfolio of work demonstrating a wide range of skills, a solid understanding of design principles, a strong sense of typography, and the ability to think conceptually
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, G-Suite and other relevant creative tools
- Experience with WordPress and basic front-end development and tech (HTML, CSS, responsive design, etc)
- A working knowledge of both digital and print production processes including their associated color workflows and creative standards
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Passionate about design, you seek thought leadership through publications, speaking events, podcasts, and beyond
- Insist on staying knowledgeable on the leading edge of design thinking through a natural, insatiable curiosity for the industry
- Possess disruptive thinking with the ability to deliver – bold ideas are expected
- Enjoy concepting for a diverse range of projects and translating abstract ideas into creative and meaningful solutions
- Motion/Animation experience (after effects, premiere pro) – Light photography experience – Background in illustration as it pertains to design
Benefits and Salary:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- A company 401(k) plan
- Generous PTO and Holiday Calendar
- Flexible schedule
- Choose your flavor of device: Mac or Windows
- Pre-tax deductions of public transportation costs for your commute
- Discounted gym membership
- Team and social events