Position: Senior Graphics Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Jefferson Health
Position Type: Full-time staff
As a Senior Designer at Jefferson you will be dedicated to helping to tell the stories for three brands. Jefferson Health, Thomas Jefferson University and our Health Insurance company. The Senior Designer is responsible for supporting Art Directors and the Executive Creative Director in all aspects of visual output for the brand. This includes, but is not limited to: concepting, design for print, digital and video, light retouching/photo manipulation, directing motion graphics, designing social media experiences, understanding of production for both digital and print deliverables, branded collateral, web banners, and presentation design. We are looking for someone with a highly creative mind, who is organized, and able to work efficiently on multiple projects while meeting deadlines. You will also need to have a strong command of the tools within the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign) plus PowerPoint. Possessing an understanding of UI/UX, Web Design and Illustration skills are a big plus, but not required.
- Lead development of visual exploration and articulation of all brand campaign work.
- Manage the execution of branded collateral – from digital mock-ups/comps and brand identities to printed materials, presentation design, and social media and web design
- Work with cross-discipline team to deliver on all assets needed for our business units.
- Ability to manage work within identified deadlines if needed.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a desire to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proactive with relentless hustle and desire to exceed goals.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once.
- Deep understanding and ongoing curiosity of cultural & design trends.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES needed in addition to Essential Functions:
- Demonstrate independent decision making and conceptual thinking.
- Organize and timely prepare archives of assets, tools, and source files per Creative Services’ protocols/procedures that promote collaborative resource sharing.
- Participate in client meetings with the Marketing team as needed.
- Collaborates with members of internal marketing team (Marketing, Creative Services, Communications, Public Affairs, Social Media, Web/Interactive Marketing, Video), as well as clients.
- Interfaces and collaborates with external vendors to facilitate printing, digital design, photoshoots and video editing.
- 4-7 years’ experience in a high-volume, fast-paced professional environments such as an advertising agency or graphic design firm is required.
- Proficiency in Office software, Adobe Creative Cloud design suite required (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and motion graphic software (Premiere Pro, Biteable, Adobe After Effects, etc.)
- Position requires excellent design, typography, motion and layout skills.
Bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic/web design or related field required.
- Benefits and Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance for Employees & Dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Online Educational Partnerships 403(b)
- Matched Savings Plan
- Cash Balance Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Benefit
- Voluntary Disability Benefits
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Discounted Auto & Homeowner’s Insurance
- Competitive Compensation Program
- Generous Time-off policies
- Employee Wellness Program