Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Fishtown, Philadelphia, PA
Website: Pixel Parlor
Position Type: Salaried, full-time
Start Date: March/April
Pixel Parlor is an award-winning design studio in Fishtown, Philadelphia that seeks to work with mission-based clients who strive to make a positive impact on the environment, social initiatives, communities, and business.
Our studio is in search of a project coordinator with extensive experience working in design and creative studios. This role will support the Creative Project Manager in managing all aspects of print, digital, social media, and occasionally web design for a wide range of clients as well as help the leadership team manage the success of the studio.
The ideal candidate should possess the desire to make an impact in a highly creative environment, while using their insight to provide our clients with excellent communication and customer service, and a high-quality end product. This candidate should also exhibit a deep understanding of the print and digital production processes to help support a team of various experience levels and promote project success.
We are a close-knit team that enjoys working together and using design as a force for good.
• Ownership of key client accounts to ensure the appropriate resources are being allocated to provide ongoing successful deliverables.
• Excellent communication skills
• Comfort and enthusiasm for working with clients, creatives, and developers
• Assist in quality control by proofing deliverables and edits when necessary
• Offer key insights to improve process efficiency while upholding high quality standards
• Work with Creative Project Manager to balance team workload
• Maintain select client project management spreadsheets of ongoing jobs
• Project startup in all systems
• Organize weekly check-in calls with client when necessary
• Assist Creative Project Manager in creating schedules and project timelines
• Monitor and report on project progress
• Track deliverables
• Close communication loops
• Support and direct team
• Foster client relationships
• Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
• Assign tasks and check the statuses of outstanding tasks
• Communicate any issues with the team and client
• Define tasks and required resources
• Build and manage project team
• Evaluate and assess result of project
• Project closeout
• Collaborate with the leadership team to create project proposals and estimates as demand requires
• Coordinating and collaborating with partners and Creative Project Manager
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, business, or communications
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a creative environment
• Knowledge of techniques, tools, calendars, digital project milestones, development, and problem-solving strategies for a wide range of digital media
• Experience in project management software tools including Basecamp, Paymo, Slack, Trello, Kanban, etc.
• Exemplary organization skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
• Conflict resolution experience
• Able to tolerate stress in a fast-paced environment
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
• Confidence in basic mathematics is essential
competitive salary w/ health insurance, 401(k), holidays & PTO