Position: Mid-level graphic Designer (remote to in-person)
Location: Fishtown, Philadelphia
Website: Pixel Parlor
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-time, remote to in-person
Salary Range: competitive
Pixel Parlor is a full-service design studio and proud B Corp that creates exciting design for identity, branding, print, environmental graphics, and web.
We are in search of a full-time graphic designer with experience in branding and print design. This position will play a supporting role for both our print and interactive team.
This designer will provide design and production for a variety of projects including identity and branding, print design, environmental graphic design, illustration, and design for digital media for clients who include performing arts organizations, not-for-profits, and businesses of all sizes.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for design, a love of collaboration, a flexible work style, and a diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates their capacity to perform in a friendly, and highly creative environment. We seek to find a candidate with a friendly and collaborative attitude who has the capability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, and collaborators. This person will have the flexibility to respond proactively to constructive criticism, the insight to create organized materials, problem solve, and deliver a high-quality product to the client and end-user.
- Concepting, identity design, brand standards documents, brand assets, roll out, and execution
- Design and production for a wide variety of traditional print and digital projects
- Print design for annual reports, impact reports, packaging, various collateral, business systems, and social media campaigns
- Creative problem solving and asking the right questions at the right times to assure that the deliverables are made to the client’s desires and to the necessary project requirements
- Management of multiple projects with a variety of clients from concept through production, and delivery
- Collaboration with studio team, partners and management on all aspects of design and production
- Manage day-to-day client requests, edits and changes, and collaborate with our creative project manager to track project progress and scope
- Ability to follow direction and the flexibility to modify a design response based on project budget and scope
- Collaborating with other team members to capitalize on their strengths and to get the job done.
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent
- 4+ years experience in graphic design and/or advertising
- A highly developed portfolio demonstrating a versatility in branding and print design
- A strong sense of typography and page layout
- An illustrative approach to design and color
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to run a project from start to finish with minimal direction and/or active project management oversight
- Confidence and comfort when participating in critiques and studio meetings as well as presenting and receiving critique
- An intuitive problem solver
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines at the same time
- An expert Adobe Creative Cloud user
- An expert in specifying print and facilitating the production process with printers/fabricators is a plus
- Experience in interactive IA/UX and design a plus
- Experience in Environmental Graphic Design, signage and wayfinding is desired.
Benefits and Salary:
PTO, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks.
Send email to email@example.com