Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Bensalem, PA
Website: Philly Pretzel Factory
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
PROJECT SUMMARY: Philly Pretzel Factory is seeking a graphic designer to assist in the development and completion of scheduled promotional campaigns, internal projects and franchisee design requests. The graphic designer will report directly to the VP Marketing and will work closely with the corporate team.
The graphic designer will create impactful, effective and obsession inducing designs that drive engagement and support local store sales. The designer will develop concepts, create designs, and execute innovative branded experiences across printed materials and digital assets. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional design and strategic thinking skills to help heighten and expand the brand identity and style. They will demonstrate an on-brand visual sensibility, possess a strong attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Our goal is to inspire pretzel obsession. Your graphics should capture attention and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design.
A killer portfolio is the ace up your sleeve. Your portfolio should show that you’re capable of executing a variety of design projects, such as advertisements, websites, signage, branding, direct mail, email, point-of-purchase display, packaging and photos. You’ll need a strong command of Adobe Creative Suite, a strong sense of concept development, as well as problem-solving, research and presentation abilities. Great verbal and written communication skills are vital to working effectively with colleagues and franchisees. Production, photography, video and animation experience a plus.
In addition to creating assets, you’ll work with the entire team to think of ways to leverage photos, graphics, and videos to bring our stories to life. We take pride in producing our media in-house, and take even more pride in our awesome team! Your passion is not just graphic designing, it’s building something with impact. Philly Pretzel Factory is where better gets made after all.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and execute consumer-facing campaigns, sales collateral and presentations, and other materials for product illustrations, logos, and websites from conception to delivery
- Work with the organization and franchisees to understand their design needs, processes, and execute on them
- Uphold brand standards across all projects and platforms
- Think holistically about the experience and collaborate with production and cross-functional teams to ensure the brand message is at the forefront of all content and campaigns.
- Deliver design solutions that establish a bond between customers and Philly Pretzel Factory while overtly and clearly communicating the intended message and motivating consumers to carry out call to action.
- Contribute to the creation of innovative (digital and physical) concepts through active participation in various idea-generating design sessions.
- Deliver formidable designs rooted in consumer insights.
- Stay current and strategically employ the latest industry and design trends to continuously improve aesthetic and production processes.
- Contribute to a fluid and scalable design system of style guides, pattern libraries and other brand-specific components – establishing a vision for various components fit together to deliver a cohesive and clearly identifiable brand experience.
- Assist to schedule projects and gather production quotes to fit budget constraints
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand and meet the specifications for the deliverable, whether print or digital
- Apply typography techniques
- Provide image retouching and additional image manipulation
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, printers, etc.
- Assist with internal and external events and activities as assigned
- Track work progress in time reporting software, including updating of status notes, approvals, and final files.
Knowledge, Skills, and Core Competencies:
- 3 – 5+ years professional experience (or equivalent post-graduate education) in Creative Design, Interactive Design, Digital Media, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in fine arts, graphic design, or digital media design
- Background in photography, illustration, and/or graphic design (portfolio required)
- Real life experience with samples to show of CPG work a plus
- Fun, smart, energetic and organized
- Food and/or retail experience is strongly preferred
- Available to work on-site at PPF Headquarters in Bensalem, PA
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks (ad hoc and/or planned) in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile development environment.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Master of color, composition, type, form and narrative.
- Ability to be inspired by the big picture but sweat the details; strive to produce work at the highest quality.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual presentation skills with a knack for storytelling
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and other common design and layout applications
- Working knowledge of social media including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, etc
- Ability to format, post and maintain HTML/web development programs
- Knowledge of the print production process
- Strong project management and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with digital, motion graphics and animation design
Benefits and SalarY
Health, Dental, 401K, Vacation/Personal Time