Position: Digital Designer/Front End Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Philadelphia Magazine
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Mid-Level
Salary Range: DOE
The Digital Designer/Front End Developer is a Philadelphia based position supporting Philadelphia and Boston magazines and reporting to the Creative Director of Creative Services. This person will play an integral role in the conceptual development, design and production of digital projects supporting brand and client initiatives. We are looking for someone who is first and foremost a digital designer with excellent UI/UX experience, but also has HTML/CSS skills and can bring their designs to life, a self-starter who can take a project from concept to final product and can bring strategic ideas to the table to improve our brand and product offerings.
The Creative Services team is responsible for maintaining the Philadelphia and Boston magazine brands as well as coming up with unique and engaging solutions for clients. This is a unique role that combines agency style work with brand work through the lens of a modern media company.This position will be responsible for digital projects ranging from, but are not limited to, sales and marketing materials, digital event collateral and promotion, e-blasts, banner ads and microsites. This role will also help to support City/Studio, an in-house creative custom content studio and the newest addition to the Philly Mag/ Boston Mag family.
Working closely with the Marketing, Events and Audience Departments to execute projects for events, client projects and promotional campaigns. Items include but are not limited to:
- Digital banner ads, email blasts, social media and microsite design
- Microsite and email blasts coding
- Templates for sales materials and presentations
- High-level mock-ups for larger sales and City/Studio proposals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction, work independently and adhere to quick-turn around deadlines
- This role is located in our Philadelphia office but will support both Philadelphia and Boston magazines.
- BA Required
- 2-4 years of professional design experience
- Skills/Qualifications: Knowledgeable in Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML5, CSS3 and Microsoft Office. Video and animation experience is a plus
- Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Team Mentality, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Collaborative and can adapt to client and senior management direction
Benefits and Salary:
Health and 401k
Email resume, portfolio and salary requirements to Brandon McArdle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon applying please provide a pdf or link to your portfolio as well as provide salary requirements. Applications will not be considered without portfolio AND salary requirements. Metrocorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.