Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Doylestown, PA
Website: MKJ Creative
Ask yourself what matters to you in your career; sit back and think.
- Is it to have your ideas go from thoughts to global application?
- Is it to be a part of a group that supports personal and professional growth?
- Is it to contribute to a small, close-knit and powerful team that punches well above their weight?
Please sit and think some more; examine your constitution.
- Does the responsibility of a deadline excite you?
- Do challenging conversations seem like an opportunity to contribute?
- Can you work from home and be at least as productive as in the office?
If you are still interested, read on. It is okay if you are not; differences make life fun.
MKJ Creative is looking for an experienced graphic designer who loves typographic, photographic, illustrative and graphic elements. Most of all, we are looking for someone who is committed to extraordinary service. Can you appreciate that while the client may not always be correct, they are never to be made to feel wrong? We want someone who knows the phone is often better than email and isn’t afraid to use it.
MKJ is small, yet powerful. We are looking for a passionate and talented designer. We strive to hire great people, as we believe one great person can replace two average people. We know we can accomplish more with less when we have passionate people doing the things they are best at. We are building a team of problem-solvers whose core competency is visual communication. Care to join?
To be considered:
- Online portfolio
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design
- At least 3 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Willing and able to work in the Doylestown, Pa., area
- Agile development practices.
What we are looking for:
- A positive, personable and solid character
- A sense of curiosity, love of learning and drive for continuous growth
- Excellent typography and text layout skills
- An innate ability for composition
- Resourceful and creative problem-solver
- Someone who easily adapts to new technology and new work flows
- Assist team with brainstorming, creative and advertising strategies
- Help team develop design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues
- Can function well in a team, which may include: printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers and website programmers
- Have a basic understanding of designing for web and other electronic media
- Can balance design and production workflow
- Design and develop simple HTML design files for electronic advertising through eblasts
- Develop concepts for and design all company materials, including direct mail, ads, postcards, newsletters, flyers, invitations, vouchers, coupons, brochures, eblasts, etc.
- Manage and maintain graphic files (assets), including company logos, photos and art
- Maintain a consistent design strategy across all components in a given program