Position: Creative Manager
Location: New Castle, DE
Mishimoto is the flagship brand of Resource Intl., an industry-leading engineering firm specializing in performance automotive products. We make the best cooling systems for our favorite performance cars. We move fast, we are driven to win, and we know it is important to be cool, whether it’s under the hood of a car or at an awesome place to work. Our state-of-the-art corporate campus is located in New Castle, Delaware, with four subsidiary locations worldwide.
Benefits and Perks
Our employees love our workplace because:
- It’s a gearhead’s dream – Design and develop performance automotive products for the car scene.
- We make way for play – Attend wine and cheese gatherings and hit up our favorite events, from drift to autocross to classic car shows.
- We take a breather – Enjoy an in-house gym, massage chair, and healthy-snack vending machine.
- Our workplace is beautiful – Work in an office designed to stimulate creative thinking.
- We are growing – Sales are doubling, and we are opening a new, state-of-the-art design shop.
- The employee discounts rock – Get exclusive access to Mishimoto products and discounts from our partners.
- The bennies are covered – Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) w/ 4% match, disability pay, and life insurance.
- We score – The TeamWins bonus program is tied to overall company performance goals.
The Creative Manager maintains an eagle eye over all things creative, managing a team of in-house graphic designers and videographers. You will analyze all creative content to ensure consistency and brand standardization, while researching and recommending new and upcoming visual design trends that could enhance the Mishimoto brand identity.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate corporate marketing strategies through design and video initiatives.
- Manage the design team and video team, evaluating workload, project delegation, processes, and efficiencies.
- Evaluate, report, and recommend metrics for the design and video teams.
- Review all design projects including print, packaging, web, promotional, identity, and apparel for maintenance of brand standards and creative visual appeal.
- Review all video projects for maintenance of brand standards and creative visual appeal.
- Oversee the product photography process to ensure maintenance of brand standards.
- Research design trends within and outside the industry for continual enhancement of the Mishimoto brand identity.
- Manage the creative budget, maintaining spending within the allocated resources.
- Oversee the creative aspect of trade shows and events to effectively communicate marketing strategies and maintain brand identity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Design, or Advertising, or a related creative track
- 5+ years’ experience in managing a creative team of two or more individual
You are good at:
- Managing creative minds. It isn’t an easy task. Knowing when to let the creative juices flow and when to reign them back in is a delicate balance that you’ve perfected. You know when a design needs to be pushed and when good is good enough.
- Mad multitasking skills. You are comfortable switching gears between print, web, video, photography, and packaging without skipping a beat.
- Microsoft Office. You can organize and navigate data in Excel like a champ, and you communicate seamlessly in Outlook.
- You keep up with the trends, but you know that it may be just that, a trend. You exude good judgment, knowing what to pursue and what to pass up.
- Box, what box? You look for ideas from the outside and can seamlessly tie them into the goals and objectives of a given project.
- You know the programs. You don’t just review the designs; you can create them too. You are proficient in the Adobe product suite and can troubleshoot anything that comes your way.
Who are you?
- You are known for your creative thinking.
- You are organized and give critical attention to details. You enjoy dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s, especially when they are in your favorite serif typeface.
- You are meticulous, but you know when good is good enough.
- You have loads of good judgment, common sense, passion, responsibility, and confidence.
- You play well with others. You are solution oriented and know that it takes good communication and collaboration across an organization to be successful. It’s We’re Team Mishi.
- You can work under tight time frames and adapt when needed. We are a growing company. Business decisions require quick execution.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Normal office environment. Travel to events is necessary. Weekend on-site event work is necessary.
All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. The Company retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
Mishimoto comprises people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.
To apply: http://grnh.se/3nqcxo