Join the board: Mentorship Director
The Mentorship Director is responsible for managing and growing the chapter’s mentorship program, launched in 2010. In addition to recruiting seasoned designers as mentors and emerging designers as mentees, the committee is responsible for pairing partners and managing the program throughout the year.
- Recruit mentors and mentees to apply for the program through various channels: coordinate campaign with Communications Director, personal outreach with former participants, network, etc.
- Manage application process: create and collect intake from prospective mentors and mentees
- Host matching party (with committee + interested board members): match mentor and mentee pairs
- Coordinate and manage program series of events: workshops, happy hours, etc.
This Director needs to be organized, motivated, and enthusiastic. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills a must.
It is recommended that the Director form a committee of volunteers to help with program planning and logistics.
The Director is required to attend all board meetings or send a committee member if unavailable.
The Director serves a 2-year role. In the event that the role cannot be fulfilled, it is incumbent upon the Director to find a suitable replacement, agreed upon by the board.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position. To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why the candidate would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 13, 2018