Join the board
The Membership Chair aims to maintain and grow the local membership. In essence, this is the indirect responsibility of every board member, but the Membership Chair leads any recruiting/membership drive initiatives. This is done primarily by maintaining tools and reports that assist with communicating to lapsing members and by creating and using tools that demonstrate the value of membership.
- Maintaining an accurate and current local membership list
- Adding new contacts from event sign-in sheets
- Developing and implementing a member recruitment and retention strategy
- Attending events and presenting membership materials and answering questions
- Welcoming new members and reminding members to renew their memberships
- Maintaining awareness of benefits and categories of membership
- Develop social programming that connects members to each other and our organization
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 15, 2016
Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged.
How to Submit a Nomination
To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why he/she would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
- Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.