Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Jenkintown, PA
Website: Manor College
Position Type: Full-Time
This position plays a critical part of the creative services team within the Office of Marketing Communications department at Manor College. The Graphic Designer will create print and digital visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate prospective students, alumni, current students and the Manor College community. The Graphic Design will manage specific design & communication projects to elevate the Manor brand and improve advertising relative to strategic institutional goals and suggest strategies to reach a particular audience and recommend the message the design should portray. Create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts. Setup and maintain creative and print timelines, track & communicate development progress and work with Marketing & Communications, Admissions, Development and Alumni, Athletics and Student life staff in advance to establish project deadlines, including needs, responsibilities, steps, and deliverables. Review and study latest design trends to keep work product updated.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Conceptualize and create marketing collateral material of Manor College – including, but not limited to – brochures, fliers, outdoor media, banner ads, social media display ads, website visuals, email templates, promotional materials for new and existing Manor College initiatives, and under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Design and produce marketing collaterals based on project request queue and priority projects as identified
- Produce unique, captivating, impactful and compelling designs.
- Fulfill general design requests, supply of materials and day-to-day design needs to tight deadlines, working within the parameters of a fast-paced organization
- Manage relationships with external printers and suppliers to ensure quality control and cost efficiencies
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure that the workload is managed
- Take photos and video of campus events and for marketing projects
- Ensure that all deadlines are met and that projects are on time and on budget
- Brainstorm new creative concepts and designs.
- Document best practices and update graphic standards manual, as needed.
- Promote and uphold the College’s Catholic Basilian institutional mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or B.F.A. in Graphic & Interactive Communications.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight deadlines.
- Must provide a creative portfolio that includes both print and digital samples.
- Knowledge of graphic software: current versions of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Proficiency in both Mac operating systems
- Strong artistic sensibility
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of design/production.
- Desire to take on new projects and offer creative ideas and solutions.
- Willingness to stay current with advances in technology.
- Candidates with photography and videography skills are preferred.
Please submit your resume with salary requirement and 3 references to via email to Kelly Peiffer, Director of Marketing email@example.com.