Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (18015)
Website: Lehigh University
Lehigh University seeks a well-rounded and innovative designer to join their award-winning, in-house creative services department. From high-end marketing campaigns and diverse editorial publications to front-end digital design and photography/video production, the design team at Lehigh does it all. The ideal candidate is hard-working, dedicated, and understands the power of thoughtful, high-quality design. The candidate is a big-picture thinker who wants to make meaningful contributions to the institution each day. A strong design foundation and exceptional conceptual and production skills are essential, as is the ability to think digitally across multiple mediums and formats.
The varied and challenging design opportunities at Lehigh provide an exciting environment suited for continued professional development. Projects range from traditional marketing and editorial print work, environmental design, video, responsive Web design, and digital publishing.
This position REQUIRES an online portfolio.
The ideal candidate will:
- Use creativity and design skills to create and produce brand-appropriate and visually compelling design solutions for a wide variety of in-house projects.
- Exhibit “design-thinking” ability to design marketing and editorial materials for both print and digital formats.
- Deliver multiple design options or approaches for each assignment by integrating information from various sources, developing prototypes, and creating mock-ups for customer review.
- Utilize a high level of understanding with regard to print, electronic, and digital media to recommend fiscally responsible design solutions, provide clear direction, and initiate excitement across campus through ideas.
- Value their field of expertise and remain devoted to continuing education and growth in their trade. Members of our team participate in design events and stay informed on emerging technologies, industry trends and best practices.
- Produce, manage, coordinate and deliver on all production aspects of each assigned project by maintaining a high proficiency in all current design software: Adobe Creative Suite CS6: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
We seek an enthusiastic, hands-on team member who has the desire and ability to successfully deliver projects from start to finish. Our highly collaborative team embraces diversity and creativity in all its forms. We’re looking for a responsible and talented individual who can help us set the bar for 2016.
- Periods of high volume/workload may be required; web development frequently requires extensive testing and refinement.
- Occasional local travel is required: client meetings, training, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts or related field is required
- Three to five years related work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing ability and organizational skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position.