KieranTimberlake is seeking a full-time, in-house graphic designer to join our office. Composed of 120 professionals with diverse backgrounds and abilities, our design practice is recognized worldwide and includes the programming, planning, and design of master plans and new buildings as well as the conservation and renovation of existing buildings.
Joining a team of writers, graphic designers, and content strategists., the Graphic Designer will collaborate with architects, researchers, and communication professionals on a variety of projects including presentations, project reports, shows, display boards, illustrations, and motion graphics. Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing efficient work processes related to the firm’s graphic products
- Ensuring firm compliance with graphic standards and branding
- Compiling PowerPoint presentations for interviews and speaking engagements
- Designing client presentations and promotional materials
- Designing custom information graphics and charts
- Creating images, animations, and video for digital publications, interactive presentations, and the firm website and social media accounts
- Requesting quotes from vendors and managing the production of various print pieces from design to delivery
Qualified individuals will have the desire and ability to collaborate with communications and business development professionals, writers, graphic designers, architects, and researchers to produce high quality content that promotes the firm and contributes to design discourse. The ideal candidate will be an excellent multitasker with the ability to synthesize the vision of a collective group, generate design options quickly, incorporate feedback while refining designs, and translate complex concepts into legible graphics. He or she should also be able to guide staff members’ work by establishing graphic standards, templates, and workflows. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or other related field in addition to 2-3 years prior work experience. A keen interest in motion graphics, data visualization, and information graphics, as well as architecture, design, and urbanism is beneficial.
Other qualifications include:
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Flexible and highly organized approach to different types of projects
- Love of template design for InDesign, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to create mock ups and rough drafts that inform next steps
- Exquisite attention to detail regarding for page grid, typography, and image/text relationships
- Strong drawing ability
- Ability to translate complex data into legible information graphics
- Experience with motion graphics, video, and sound editing
- Experience with website design and coding
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Eagerness to learn new software as needed
Interested applicants should send the following via email attachment
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position and detailing your relevant qualifications
- A current resume, including 3 references
- Samples of graphic design work hyperlinks to a web portfolio or website
All materials should be formatted as a single PDF, addressed to Carin Whitney, Communications Director, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
The position reports to the Communications Director. Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge, but a full benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, and life will be offered. Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries.
KieranTimberlake is an equal-opportunity employer.