Position: Senior Copywriter
Website: Karma Agency
Start Date: January 2020
Position Type: Full-time
We are currently seeking a seasoned, big-picture thinker who is articulate in Word and in the real world. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree along with 5-7 years’ experience in advertising, which has bred confidence, curiosity and ambition. (*Journalists and content writers, this is not the role for you.) Portfolio must contain recent brand-development work that includes strong headlines, tagline development, A/V storyboards, conceptual brochures (i.e., longform) and more.
The Senior Copywriter will be accountable to both external parties and our internal team, supporting the Associate Creative Directors and managing writing interns, when applicable.S/he must take pride in efficiency and error-free work whilst running multiple projects in parallel.
- Collaborates with art partners and ACDs to develop conceptual, campaign-level solutions for all manner of execution, not limited to print, digital, social, video
- Bleeds language and logistics
- Develops and maintains various brand voices and writing styles with ease
- Feels as comfortable at the desk of an art director or designer as they do at their own
- Simplifies complexity early and often
- Can demonstrate a solid understanding of how design furthers messaging and vice versa
- Possesses sharp digital instincts, from smart web solutions to social tactics to online campaigns
- Manages TV shoots and radio records with limited supervision Presents with confidence; gets a charge out of selling work to internal teams and clients
- Thinks campaign-level, not just headline-level, and goes beyond the brief
- Ruthlessly edits their own work