Position: Graphics & Textile Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: United By Blue
Position Type: Full-time, office-heavy but opportunity to work remotely as projects/deadlines allow
Start Date: Late February/March 2022
United By Blue is looking for a Graphics and Textile Designer to join our growing Product team at our Headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. If you are passionate about product, experienced in design, love the outdoors/sustainability and align with the mission of our brand, consider joining us to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment. In-person role with ability to work remotely based on project needs.
• Design, manage and conceptualize graphic elements for United By Blue’s apparel and accessories line including screen printed tees, all-over prints, plaids, and yarn dyes as well as direct to consumer packaging reporting into Senior Design Manager.
• Own seasonal graphic treatments for the hard goods category (drinkware and ceramics)
• Support season concept and trend research including, Graphic icon and technique, innovation, new shape and idea for hard good categories, color and allover print trend etc.
• Manage trim developments including woven, size, patches, embroideries, screen print, heat transfer, etc. under the direction of the Senior Design Manager and in collaboration with the Marketing team
• Collaborate with Product Designers for comments and approvals on print strike offs, hand looms, trims, and packaging etc.
• Place graphics on technical sketches/ flats for development design packs to send to International & Domestic Partners. Review and approve graphic placements on products for production.
• Work with internal cross-functional peers to execute according to a seasonal calendar for sample and bulk production
• Manage and develop junior graphic designers and/or interns
• Support the innovation and execution of departmental sustainability goals under the guidance of the Senior Design Manager and the GMM
• 3+ years of experience in graphic product design and development with a solid understanding of the garment and textile manufacturing processes. Additional exposure to the outdoor or active industry is a plus.
• Experience in package design and preparing packaging layouts for production. Experience with packaging die lines is a plus.
• Passion for developing and being around sustainable product
• Expert ability to sketch or to communicate design ideas via Illustrator.
• Experience working with Photoshop is also a requirement. InDesign experience is not a requirement, but a plus.
• Solid understanding of the United By Blue brand with in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape
• Understanding of product life cycle process from concept to delivery
• General understanding of raw materials
• Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
• Strong communication and written skills
• Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
• High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities
Benefits and Salary:
$50,000 – $60,000