Position: Graphics Designer II
Location: Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Website: Jefferson Health
Position Type: Fulltime
The Senior Designer will be dedicated to helping to tell the stories of both Jefferson Health and Thomas Jefferson University. The Senior Designer will be responsible for supporting Art Directors and the Executive Creative Director in all aspects of visual output for the brand. This includes, but is not limited to: graphic design, light retouching/photo manipulation, motion graphics, social media posts, production for both digital and print deliverables, branded collateral, web banners, presentation design, UI/UX and web design.
We are looking for someone who is highly creative, organized, and able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet deadlines. You will also need to have a strong command of the tools with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign) to Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Lead development of visual exploration and articulation of all brand campaign work
- Manage the execution of branded collateral – from digital mock-ups/comps and brand identities to printed materials, presentation design, and social media and web design
- Work with cross-discipline team to deliver on all assets needed for our business units
- Ability to manage work within identified deadlines if needed
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a desire to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Proactive with relentless hustle and desire to exceed goals
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Deep understanding and ongoing curiosity of cultural & design trends
Othe Functions and Competencies needed in addition to Essential Functions:
- Demonstrate independent decision making and conceptual thinking.
- Organize and timely prepare archives of assets, tools, and source files per Creative Services’
- protocols/procedures that promote collaborative resource sharing.
- Participate in client meeetings with the Marketing team as needed.
- Collaborates with members of internal Marketing team (Marketing, Creative Services, Communications, Public Affairs, Social Media, Web/Interactive Marketing, Video), as well as clients.
- Interfaces and collaborates with external vendors to facilitate printing and digital design files.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a high-volume, fast-paced professional environment such as an advertising agency or graphic design firm is required.
- Proficiency in Office software, Adobe Creative Cloud design suite required (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and motion graphic software (Premiere Pro, Biteable, Adobe After Effects, etc)
- Position requires excellent design, typography, motion and layout skills.
Bachelor of fine arts degree in graphic/web design or related field required.
Digital/social media/web design experience preferred in Mac-based environment (HTML, CSS, etc.).