Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: FS Investments
Position Type: Full time
The Proofreader will work with the marketing team and in support of the Senior Copy Editor to maintain the quality and consistency of company communications. The work will involve managing projects designed to promote our brand and our alternative investment products to financial advisors and investors.
The position requires a detail-oriented person with excellent writing and editing skills who is passionate about quality and upholding our high brand standards. The person must be highly organized and able to proactively manage his/her time while juggling multiple deadline-driven projects with minimal oversight.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Perform thorough quality control for all communications prior to production or publication to ensure they are effective and free from errors, and that they follow guidelines for company style and legal compliance
- Proofread communication materials including, but not limited to, the following:
- Investor communications (brochures, flyers, postcards, annual reports, correspondence, etc.)
- Presentations for due diligence and product promotion purposes
- Print, email and digital campaigns
- Press releases and other public relations
- Website content
- Video storyboards and finished videos
- Internal and other corporate communications
- Work with in-house marketing and creative teams to ensure accuracy, consistency and timely execution of all projects
- Confirm proper functioning of electronic content
- Maintain the company’s style guide
- Understand requirements for legal disclaimers in order to ensure their proper use
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL, and Washington, DC. The firm has more than $20 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2017. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 4-year degree required
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in proofreading, editing or writing for business. Experience in the financial services industry preferable, though not required
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook preferred
- Excellent editing skills, high attention to detail, strong organization and ability to manage multiple deadlines