This event is sold out!
Design with No Time
A Workshop with Dan Gneiding
What do you do when a project lands on your desk and the timeline is measured in minutes rather than days? This workshop will help prepare you for these inevitable situations and show you ways of using pattern, color and materials for rapid image making.
The goal of this workshop is to show you how a little bit of preparation can help keep experimentation part of the design process even under a tight deadline. There will be demonstrations of techniques that embrace spontaneity and play in your designs. The end result will be fun, thoughtful work, delivered on time.
- Experience and lessons learned working and thriving in that fast paced environment
- How working fast helps at a full time job
- How working fast helps take on more freelance
- How working fast helps you say yes to more fun/personal projects
- Building out a toolkit for working quickly: patterns, textures, and color pallets
- Creating your own clip art library
- Embracing different tools for image generation: photo copier, cut paper, brush pens, etc.
- Work session
- Pin up and critique
About Dan Gneiding
Dan Gneiding rides the blue wind high and free as a designer, illustrator, teacher and typographer at Grayhood. He resides just outside Philadelphia with his stylish wife and daughters and enjoys gray hooded sweat shirts, long walks with a beer, and early Star Wars trivia.
Dan’s style fuses equal parts hand and computer with a few minor league printing techniques peppered in for good measure. Dan likes his design like he likes his music; wearing it’s imperfections like a badge of honor.
Dan has gladly put his nose to the grind stone for Urban Outfitters, the Lost Type Co-Op, Anthropologie, Baseman Design Associates and Flux Labs.
Thursday, July 21, 2016
10 N 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Student member: $40
Members save on the price of admission. Discover the benefits of being a member and join now!
Sales are final with no refunds unless AIGA Philadelphia cancels the event. However, tickets are transferable, so tell a friend to come as you if you are unable to attend.
Space is limited!
What to bring
Please bring a laptop and sketchbook.
Thank you to our generous partner!