Join AIGA Philadelphia for an exciting first-hand look at the new Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and a chance to WIN a copy of the new software. Information-packed general session & web session workshops will take a look at ground-breaking new features. Attend either of these 3 hour workshops and learn everything there is to know about the newest features and tools and tips for working faster in any recent CS version. Light refreshments provided. A copy of Adobe CS5.5 will be raffled in each session!
Save 20% when you bundle both sessions! Walk-ins welcomed with an additional $5 entry fee. Become a member of AIGA to recieve special member pricing on most events and other benefits.
Philadelphia University students, faculty & staff attend FREE. Enter dicsount code: PHILLYU. Must show valid Philly U ID at entry.
General Session, 9:00AM-Noon; 8:30AM check-in
What’s new in Creative Suite 5.5 for designers
CS5.5 allows you to deliver high-impact print designs and enables you to move fluidly among software components to create and produce eye-catching content in whatever mix of print, web, interactive, and mobile design your project demands. Save time using dozens of features that have been added over the past few releases that make quick work of everyday tasks in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro.
• Create digital publications for tablet devices. Discover how you can create engaging digital magazines, newspapers, annual reports, manuals, and other documents that incorporate eye-catching elements such as 360° rotation and panoramas, all for playback on a range of tablet devices.
• Incorporate HTML5 and CSS3. Develop world-class websites based on the latest standards (HTML5 and CSS3), and more efficiently craft interactive SWF content that displays consistently on screens of virtually any size.
• 3D and animation. Use cutting-edge 3D, animation, and painting tools, built-in creative effects, and elegant typographic features to make even your wildest visions real without sacrificing quality or control.
• Time saving tips. Save time using dozens of features that have been added over the past few releases that make quick work of everyday tasks in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro.
Web Session 1:00-4:00PM; 12:30 check-in
Design standards-based (HTML5/CSS3) websites that are optimized for viewing on desktop computers, tablets and smartphones
Learn how to design and develop websites optimized for multi-screen viewing (desktops, tablets and phones) with Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver provides tools for rapidly adapting existing websites and applications for multiple devices using the same code base.
• Enhancements to Dreamweaver Creative Suite 5.5 coding tools and workflows. These changes enable you to work efficiently to produce websites based on HTML5 and CSS3 specifications. Code hinting and code completion, updated Live View, and updates to the CSS panel help you design and develop websites that look outstanding and function well whether viewed on a desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• HTML5 and CSS3 code hinting and code completion. Now you can quickly write code that meets the very latest web specifications thanks to rich HTML5 and CSS3 code hinting, code completion, and in-context prompts for required values for new CSS3 properties. Code hinting for some vendor-specific rules, such as -webkit, -moz, and -o, is included for full browser support.
• Updated Live View. Live View in Dreamweaver CS5.5 supports popular CSS3 attributes such as border-radius (rounded corners). You can render the border-radius property, as well as the transform and transition properties, on most elements in Live View.
• Enhanced CSS panel. The updated CSS panel supports editing of new CSS3 properties and enables you to quickly parse and edit complex sets of styles. New interface elements simplify adding CSS3 properties such as border-radius. Create CSS media queries and display separate style sheets for each device.