Join AIGA Philadelphia for a Night out at the Phillies! College graphic design, visual arts and advertising students, as well as graduate students and recent graduates, are invited to go behind-the-scenes with Phillies professionals prior to the game against the New York Mets during Phillies College Art & Design Night on Tuesday, April 19 at Citizens Bank Park. This one-of-a-kind opportunity will give students the chance to gain real-world advice from Phillies and MLB.com professionals who utilize their graphic design talents for the Philadelphia Phillies Major League Baseball team.
- Check-in begins at 4 p.m. and features a new Networking Hour and #selfies with the World Series Trophies until 5 p.m.
- The panel portion of the program officially starts at 5 p.m., followed by the Phillies game at 7:05 p.m.
Here’s what’s included in this special $30 Phillies College Night Series package:
- A special welcome from Phillies Chairman David Montgomery, who has been a major player in the Phillies office and Major League Baseball for nearly 50 years.
- Learn from Phillies Graphic Design and Visual Arts professionals during a panel discussion in the Media Room. Students are urged to ask questions throughout the session, and are encouraged to tweet them in advance to @Phillies using #CollegeSeries. Speakers (subject to change) include:
- Melissa Maani, Manager, Graphic Design, The Phillies
- Sean Rainey, Manager, Video Production, The Phillies
- Andy Shenk, Manager, Marketing Production, MLB Advanced Media
- Tina Urban, Director, Graphic Production, The Phillies
- Scott Palmer (moderator), Director of Public Affairs, The Phillies
- Take part in a new Networking Hour, where students have the chance to speak informally with executives who spearhead the Phillies intern and Phillies Ballgirls program, as well as mingle with current Phillies interns.
- #Selfies with the 2008 and 1980 World Series Trophies; plus meet the Phillies Ballgirls!
- Cheer on the Phillies with a ticket to that night’s game with seating on the popular Scoreboard Porch (a ticket value of $30).
- Ticket price includes a Phillies Power Ticket, with a concession value of $12 redeemable throughout the ballpark for food, beverage and merchandise.
- Speakers subject to change.
AIGA members get $5 off with promo code: AIGA