Join the Board: Education + Student Engagement Director
The Education + Student Engagement Director is a connector who unites our students, student groups, educators and our community through a variety of resources and programming.
- Coordinate with the programming Director to plan for the annual season of events, targeted at both students and educators. Past events for students have included studio tours, exhibitions, printing workshops and tours. Past events for Educators have included salon-style talks, meet-up lunches, and thought leadership lectures.
- Create opportunities for students from different schools to meet up and share best practices, via social media groups and in-person (The Hub)
- Develop and grow a diverse committee of volunteers dedicated to supporting student and educator content and programming
- Plan and manage our signature student portfolio review event, which includes onsite event logistics (space, food and beverages), selecting reviewers and managing review schedules.
It is recommended that the Director form a committee of volunteers to help with strategy, planning and logistics.
The Director is required to attend all board meetings or send a committee member if unavailable.
The Director serves a 2-year role. In the event that the role cannot be fulfilled, it is incumbent upon the Director to find a suitable replacement, agreed upon by the board.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position. To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to email@example.com
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why the candidate would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 13, 2018