Position: Graphic Designer
Location:St. Davids, PA
Website: Eastern University
Eastern University, a university of the liberal arts and sciences located in St. Davids, Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position as Graphic Designer.
Reporting to the Brand Director, the Graphic Designer creates design solutions from concept to completion including new print and digital projects. He/she collaborates with the Brand Director on the overall style and look of university brand collateral and marketing materials. Another key responsibility is print-production, including the daily oversight, coordination, job flow and follow-up of creative projects.
- Collaborates with Brand Director, creative team and internal clients to develop design solutions and then translates those solutions through a variety of channels.
- Stays current to industry trends and maintains cutting edge design knowledge.
- Works with the Brand Director to ensure that a brand style and look is included throughout creative process.
- Creates graphics, artwork and photography to enhance the visual effects and style of presentation and convey the project’s message effectively.
- Proofreads artwork at all stages of production and makes changes as necessary. Must have high attention to detail and proofing.
- Participates in conceptualization meetings designed to generate new ideas through discussion, and to develop these ideas into viable projects or promotions.
- Collaborates with staff to develop new, creative concepts for each project, including visual effects and style of presentation. Makes creative decisions concerning graphics, copy, artwork and photography.
- Communicates directly with managers in the University Relations Department to keep them updated on the progress of current creative projects.
- Demonstrates a consistent positive attitude to support a productive work environment. Cooperates, communicates and works well with coworkers. Treats all employees and customers respectfully.
- Coordinates all the details of the production process, including creating job folders and production schedules; obtaining competitive bids from printers and other vendors; monitoring scheduling and delivery; troubleshooting problem areas of production. Coordinates approvals, revisions, and billing with campus clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent with continuing education in new and updated software.
- 2-3 years’ experience in graphic design using software including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- 1-2 years’ experience in direct marketing and creative design at a University preferred.
- Experience for a university delivering enrollment-driven marketing and print-production knowledge preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Apple software preferred. HTML skill is a plus.
- Strong creative, communication, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Works well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Essential Skills: Excellent grasp of page layout, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Solid graphic design skills. Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field. Good writing, editing, media relations, and production skills.
- Required: Good organizational skills; attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines while coordinating multiple projects and tasks. Excellent design, photography and proofreading skills.
- Preferred: Knowledge of printing process and writing. Any advertising agency or newspaper experience also a plus.
Full-time, staff, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, you must apply through our Eastern University Job Portal. Uploading your cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements on our job portal are required. All positions remain open until filled.
ABOUT EASTERN UNIVERSITY
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences that integrates faith, reason and justice for students in its undergraduate, graduate, Seminary, urban, professional and international programs. Applicants should have a religious commitment compatible with our mission and community standards. The university complies with federal and state guidelines of nondiscrimination in employment; members of protected classes encouraged to apply.