Position: Associate Director, Senior Copywriter
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With approximately 25,000 students, 200 degree programs and 14 colleges and schools, Drexel is one of America’s 15 largest private universities.
One of Philadelphia’s top 10 employers, Drexel is a major engine for economic development in the region. The Philadelphia Business Journal ranks Drexel as one of the healthiest employers of Greater Philadelphia. The University welcomes the richness diversity brings to the workplace and is committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The mission of the University is to fulfill our founder’s vision of preparing each new generation of students for productive professional and civic lives while also focusing our collective expertise on solving society’s greatest problems. Drexel is an academically comprehensive and globally engaged urban research university, dedicated to advancing knowledge and society and to providing every student with a valuable, rigorous, experiential, technology-infused education, enriched by the nation’s premier co-operative education program.
Senior Copywriter is a leadership role within EM Strategic Communications. The role will be responsible for developing marketing and creative strategies, overall messaging, tone and voice for Drexel’s Enrollment Management, and will manage and protect the overall Drexel University Brand. The position will be responsible for writing and editing a wide range and a heavy volume of recruitment materials for Drexel University Enrollment Management and ensure that all materials are on strategy.
The role will ensure that the highest quality of creative is produced and managed. The Senior Copywriter will be a member of a high-energy creative team and will interact with students, faculty, administrators, as well as other communications team members. The Senior Copywriter will directly supervise Copywriters, as well as Freelance Proofreaders, Video & Interactive vendors and manage complex projects for the University. Senior Copywriter will also serve as a consultant to other areas of the University providing support where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some published or produced work required
- Full understanding of editorial style guides, specifically Chicago Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign
- Some weekend work
- Advertising Agency experience
- Higher Education experience
- Experience with SiteCore or Content Management Systems
- Experience with Dreamweaver
- Experience with HTML
- Lead in the development of marketing and creative strategies, while maintaining (and protecting) consistent messaging and voice/tone of the Drexel University Brand.
- Develop and maintain a significant volume of complex recruitment-related marketing materials for Enrollment Management, along with other General University material as needed.
- Collaborate with internal Strategic Communications creative teams as well as other cross-university communications groups to brainstorm creative ideas and concepts.
- Research and lead on writing/editing of undergraduate and graduate recruitment materials such as fact sheets, viewbooks, bouncebacks, posters, websites, social networking promotions, video, online projects, etc.
- Serve as the editorial knowledge base for programs and University functions and act as the gate keeper for all editorial assignments. Ensure that each project has the latest content templates and meets editorial style guides. Senior Copywriter is responsible for overall quality of work.
- Present creative and manage business relationships with internal and external Clients and Vendors .Be accountable for meeting deadlines, and perform proper delegation of a large volume of assignments/tasks
- Support and collaborate with interactive team, to concept/compose/edit/review online/digital marketing efforts through content management systems as well as other online editing programs such as Dreamweaver.
- Support, train, and collaborate with EMSC writers on offline/online marketing activity, and manage/lead creative process through vendors such as proofreaders, video and interactive content developers, others.
- Research the latest trends in marketing, campaign testing techniques, developments in the Higher Education field, and maintain ownership of the EM editorial style guide.
Supplementary Posting Information
Drexel University’s mission is to serve students and society through comprehensive integrated academic offerings enhanced by technology, co-operative education, and clinical practice in an urban setting, with global outreach embracing research, scholarly activities, and community initiatives.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=78650 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for requisition number 6158
For more information about Drexel University, please visit www.drexel.edu.