The Art Director is responsible for the concept, design, and execution of print and digital projects for the Office of Institutional Advancement. Under the direction of the Creative Director and in partnership with the Campaign Communications Manager and other peers, he or she functions as the primary designer for the Campaign for Drexel, overseeing the integrity and evolution of its visual expression. He or she functions as the point person for the upkeep and distribution of Campaign assets and will consult with University partners on their use. The Art Director will support the Marketing & Communications team with research, art direction, and production management across a range of multi-channel efforts and must be equally comfortable working independently and in a highly collaborative manner.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent required and 5-8 years of relevant experience as a graphic designer
- Professional skills including traditional and new media design and production, photo editing and retouching, project estimating, electronic pre-press and vendor relations
- Strong, demonstrated experience with branding and campaign communications; branding agency or similar experience is preferred
- Specialized knowledge of methods and techniques of graphic design and layout for a variety of audiences and demographics
- Proficiency in Mac platform design and production applications, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinker with a strong commitment to quality
- Excellent attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in integrated, collaborative teams
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Strong production skills, including proper file setup and management, setting up files for press, production research, working with various vendors, and knowledge of print techniques
- Self-sufficient and reliable
Supplemental Posting Information:
- Concept, design, project manage, and execute creative projects in support of the Campaign for Drexel
- In cooperation with the Creative Director, Advancement peers, and campus partners, uphold visual standards for the Campaign
- Assist with design and art direction for other Advancement programs and communications as needed (annual fund, alumni relations, major gifts, etc.)
- Execute marketing and creative strategies into a variety of deliverables, direct print, email, social, experiential, etc.
- Assist with production, including research and vendor coordination
- Seek inspiration beyond higher education with a vision for industry innovation
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigations.
- Strategic AND creative
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Entrepreneurial minded
- Results- and deadline-oriented
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and listening skills
- Commitment to high quality (and attention to detail)
- Understands the importance of an applied and experiential education
- Understands the breadth and internal complexity of a comprehensive university
- Experience working with mid and senior-level management
- Experience working in a process-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable taking direction and collaborating, but also working independently