Position: Associate Director, Sr. Project Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Drexel University
The Associate Director/Senior Project Manager, is a senior member of the EMSS Communications & Marketing Team. He/She is responsible for the management of all project timelines, material traffic, office structure and process, communication plans, the management of approval process, and production throughout the Enrollment Management & Student Success division. This division includes Admissions, Drexel Central (student services), University Registrar, University Bursar, Office of Financial Aid, Steinbright Career Development Center, Student Life, Enrollment Analytics, and Athletics. Communication and Marketing also partners with University Communications for all major University marketing and branding initiatives.
In addition, the Associate Director/Senior Project Manager will be the lead contact for all vendor management. This includes overseeing financials, print and digital estimating, and major production schedules regarding commercial/broadcast production, print management, on-line development, and more. While not a creative role, he/she will support the creative staff by executing simple content edits, photo and video sourcing and management, reviewing and creating print specifications and ensuring print production quality control according to industry standards. This role may include updating pre-existing files from designers, preparing artwork for printing, and other related tasks.
The Associate Director/Senior Project Manager will lead major University marketing initiatives, direct strategic planning sessions, and collaborate in the creative process. This role will serve as a key liaison of the EMSS Communications & Marketing office University-wide.
The Associate Director/Senior Project Manager will directly manage Assistant Directors/Project Managers. The role also will manage and will be supported by the student work study program. The role will set and manage internal and external meetings and provide agendas/conference reports for all assignments. Basic office manager duties are also required.
This role will report to the Assistant Vice President, Communications and Marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Project management in a creative/communications field required.
- Working knowledge of print production process required.
- Interactive project management experience a plus.
- Dreamweaver experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Adobe Premier a plus.
- Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Experience with Content Management Systems and/or CRMs a plus
- Interact on a daily-basis with EMSS divisional team leaders as well as, academic, and various clients within the institution to provide strategic recommendations, and support the timely delivery of product. Day-to-day includes supervising the management of workflow from Project Managers on client relations, approvals, organizing content changes, traffic flow, and act as overall knowledge base for project assignments.
- Work with Assistant Vice President of EMSS Communications & Marketing and the Creative Director to develop strategic marketing recommendations and manage executions for EMSS and offices University-wide.
- Supervise internal Project Managers to develop project time lines and drive oversight of key projects to meet project milestones.
- Manage complex commercial, video and photography shoots.
- Collaborate with creative staff to manage production vendors (print/web/etc ).
- Recommend and implement new systems that allow tracking projects from beginning to end to ensure on-time delivery of materials.
- Provide best practice process and production guidelines/support for clients via online and print efforts in order to set and maintain expectations.
- Support team in developing marketing research methodologies and reporting on trends to the team and clients.
- Maintain office workflow and management to ensure team works at an efficient and effective pace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, and status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.