Position: Associate Director, Digital Strategist
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Drexel University
The Associate Director, Digital Strategist will support Enrollment Management & Student Success (EMSS): Communications & Marketing’s overall communication efforts. This role will also help define the vision, goals, opportunities and initiatives by employing a wide variety digital strategies into communication plans for the the University as well as all EMSS divisions (which include Admissions, University Registrar, University Bursar, Office of Financial Aid, Steinbright Career Development Center, Student Life, Academic Information Systems, Enrollment Analytics, and Institutional Research, Assessment, and Evaluation).
This role will be responsible for developing and organizing content to be deployed through a variety of systems at the University, including Drexel’s CMS, CRM, email deployment systems, portals, and SharePoint. The position will also utilize internal resources across the University, as well as partnerships with external media companies to meet the goals of EMSS and Drexel University’s digital marketing initiatives. The Digital Strategist, in particular, will manage the full suite of social media offerings for EMSS and will support the management of general media efforts.
This role must be able to collaborate with external agencies, internal designers, writers, programmers, and colleagues, who may have varying degrees of understanding of how digital media supports their communication needs. The position calls for a creative thinker with professional content management, SEO/SEM, website and campaign analytics, and editorial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Some published or produced work required.
- Expert knowledge of major social media sites (Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and the marketing & administrative tools required.
- Ability to work weekends when required.
- Full understanding of editorial style guides, specifically Chicago and AP Style preferred.
- Higher Education experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, UX software tools, preferred.
- Experience with SiteCore or Content Management Systems preferred.
Benefits and Salary:
- Partner with University creative, planning, media, technology, and brand management teams to build effective digital and social marketing campaigns and SEO initiatives.
- Oversee and manage all online digital, social, video, delivery and general media presence for Enrollment Management & Student Success and coordinate media efforts with partners across the University. Monitor, edit, approve, and schedule content updates submitted by the editorial team and other departments, and suggest improvements to ensure content follows the established University communication standards.
- Develop and translate site architectures, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes into appropriate copy and interactive experiences, such as websites, web applications, and mobile applications.
- Oversee and manage all social media (paid and organic) presence for all divisions of Enrollment Management & Student Success and coordinate social media efforts with partners across the University.
- Collaborate with EMSS Communications & Marketing creative staff to manage production vendors (print/web/social/media/etc.), write and traffic specs, develop detailed documentation.
- Design marketing tests, analyze campaign metric data, and present findings to inform and propose marketing recommendations. Ensure that proper review and testing procedures are executed.
- Provide best practice process and production guidelines/support for Clients via online and offline efforts in order to set and maintain expectations.
- Deliver formal and informal presentations to inform colleagues and internal teams on new technologies. Train staff when applicable.
- Provide best practice process with Search, SEO, Social, and Mobile trends and innovations in the higher education field and beyond.
- Manage media budgets and execute buys via agencies or internally when necessary.
If applicable, otherwise delete this section.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, and status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.