Position: Digital Design Strategist
Location: Malvern, PA
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: 11/29/21
Create the next generation retirement experience:
Our company mission is to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. The Participant Strategy Experience department promises to create meaningful world-class experiences that exceed participant expectations, positioning Vanguard as the trusted financial partner and coach through their retirement plan experience. Participant Strategy Experience (PSX) has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Design Strategist. We are a dynamic group of highly collaborative designers who are enthusiastic about delivering high quality work to meet our ambitious business goals. The Digital Design Strategist will harness their creative imagination, refined design skills, current technical expertise, and a strategic problem-solving attitude to help drive positive business outcomes for our retirement plan participants.
In this role:
You will be an active member of the PSX Design Team collaborating with marketing, editorial, UX research and analytics to craft strategies for adoption, retention, and personalization to our products. You will design creative omni-channel experiences leveraging a test and learn mindset and a best-in-class version of the Vanguard brand. This person will lead and advise on creative concepts and direction, design solutions, and/or art direction across channels.
Core responsibilities and approach:
● Collaborates with communications, marketing, and other crew to define, plan, and coordinate content, design, and digital solutions.
● Participates extensively during brainstorming sessions and helps consolidate deliverables and solutions from various contributors.
● Uses creative tools to improve Vanguard’s communications and marketing capabilities.
● Transforms draft materials and concepts into concise and meaningful visuals, media, and/or design solutions.
● Demonstrates technical expertise to research and develop ideas and strategies to envision systemic design solutions that benefit the overall client-experience.
● Is accountable for overall implementation of visual experience for assigned book of business.
● Actively contributes to brand management design initiatives. Influences and supports the development of new design standards for PSX and helps maintain existing standards across the department.
● Serves as key designer and central point-of-contact for creative team, partners, and decision-makers.
● Maintains advanced knowledge of all Vanguard programs, businesses, and offerings.
● Cultivates sophisticated understanding of design at Vanguard and the industry, including both new- and existing-media delivery channels.
● Proposes and promotes graphic-consistency, -standards, and -accuracy for both custom and Vanguard branded communications.
● Demonstrates the ability to optimally manage a large number of highly complex projects with multiple clients simultaneously.
● Works with design manager, peers, and other teams to ensure department productivity by providing functional support when needed.
● Demonstrates dedication to process excellence and individual performance and development.
● Leads and/or participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
● Minimum 5 years’ experience as a senior designer.
● Demonstrate a well-rounded set of digital design skills with primary emphasis on creative campaign design, interactive design and information architecture.
● Experience working cross-functionally in an agile work environment to design large-scale digital experiences that meet business objectives.
● Strong visual design portfolio demonstrating proficiency with graphic design including strong concept development, expertise with typography, color, and visual image strategies.
● Proficiency using tools to develop wireframes and prototypes. An undergraduate in a design, advertising, or communications field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
● Able to work with a diverse set of graphic design and UX software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
● Comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines.
● A design portfolio or design samples are required to be submitted at the time of the posting.
● Five years related work experience.
● Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
● Graphic Design or other creative arts degree preferred.
Benefits and Salary:
Generous total reward package