Position: Junior Graphic Designer
Department: Creative Marketing
Reports To: Senior Graphic Designer
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Website: David’s Bridal
The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting and supporting in design for both print and web, with an emphasis on print. Using strong typographic and compositional skills, the Junior Graphic Designer will deliver creative, high-quality final products that follow brand guidelines and contribute to the visual growth of David’s Bridal. The Junior Graphic Designer must be capable of taking direction, self-motivated and work well as part of a small interdisciplinary team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (*Principal Duties)
- Assist and support in design for both print and web depending on work flow. Emphasis on print.
- Design, organize, and execute all store-related assets: invitations, promotions, signage, packaging, display and marketing materials as well as in-house communication, event based materials and emails under the direction of the Senior Graphic Designers
- Deliver print specification requirements, and work closely with Production Manager
- Meet deadlines efficiently with high-quality final products
- Research appropriate technologies and methods to help ensure designs incorporate industry best practices
- Participate in and prepare for weekly creative team meetings.
- Work closely with the Web and Graphic Design teams to execute the Creative Director’s design direction.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
- Strong typography.
- Strong compositional skills/graphic.
- Strong passion in print and materials.
- Strong illustration and hand skills.
- Strong execution skills (saddle stitching, comping, cutting, assembling).
- Strong conceptualization skills
- Very detail-oriented
- Production knowledge and print specification file preparation.
- Fluency in industry standard software suites (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Exhibit enthusiasm and willingness to be a team player.
- Demonstration of self-initiation/motivation on projects
- Ability to thrive under and meet challenging deadlines
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and an interest in experimentation/communication formats (plus but not required.)
- One or more years working in graphic design industry.
- Manual dexterity to perform responsibilities, such as typing on computer, using an exacto blade for making mock-ups
- Ability to perform sedentary work
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
Applicants should send their resumes to TalentAcquisition@dbi.com.