Position: UI Designer
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
About the Role
As a UI Designer with Curalate, you will be responsible for managing the design process for interactive projects, from concept to completion. You should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, yet know when to ask for advice and take direction. As a growing startup, our success lies in our agility and capacity to move quickly, so we’re looking for someone who can keep up with (and exceed) that pace.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- 3+ years of UI design experience
- Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS (bonus: JS, CMS experience)
- Working knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to brainstorm ideas, translate them into original design concepts and execute
- Excellent communication skills along with a desire to collaborate
- A strong understanding of visual design fundamentals, including layout, typography, color theory, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from start to finish
- An intermediate to advanced understanding of social media
- The capacity in your social life to bring on 30 new best friends
Headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in NYC, Curalate enables brands to grow awareness, reach, and engagement on visual social media networks, starting with Pinterest and Instagram. We’re the only platform that applies advanced image recognition algorithms to social media conversations to make sense of the increasingly visual web. Curalate is used by hundreds of the worlds most loved brands, including Neiman Marcus, Birchbox, Gap, Better Homes and Gardens, and the Food Network. We’re a small (but mighty) team backed by top tier venture capitalists including NEA, First Round Capital, and SV Angel.
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org