Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Jefferson Health
Position Type: Full-time
Are you the type of person who notices a beautiful headline or feels a sense of satisfaction when ad copy is both compelling, concise and purposeful? Do your eyes linger on brochures, ads, billboards, TV spots etc. in either appreciation for the work or to make mental notes on what you would have done differently?
If this is you, we want you! We’re looking for a copywriter/editor for our team who loves creating dynamic, short and long-form content that engages our healthcare and higher education consumers. But it must also stay true to our brand. This energetic and highly creative team member will brainstorm big ideas for higher education and health care, develop thoughtful rationales to accompany sharp messaging, and work with creative peers through concepting and then content execution. The work will be varied – from print, out of home and broadcast ad development, to video script writing, brochure editing and more.
Responsibilities and competencies include:
- Writing aspirational, but accessible content, in a wide variety of styles and voices that demonstrates a deep understanding of our audiences to compel them to act or take notice.
- Incorporating creative feedback, audience insights and relevant data into all work and thoughtfully considering how copy, imagery and product come together to convey a story that resonates with our audiences.
- Proofreading, line editing, and quality assuring assets to ensure it adheres to brand guidelines and AP style.
- Demonstrating strong creative writing, editing and interviewing skills as well as a penchant for collaboration.
- Distilling complex information into consumer-friendly content.
- Managing multiple projects and time effectively.
- Displaying an insatiable appetite for staying current on copywriting, marketing, and advertising trends, techniques and best practices.
- All levels of contact – from senior leadership to physician/researchers, patients and students.
- Works closely with marketing leaders and creative services staff including designers, videographers, and photographers; may include coordinating with outside vendors and freelancers as needed.
- This is a hybrid position – with remote work and some on-site meetings/project-work required
- At least 5-7 years of writing/editorial experience in health care, pharmaceutical or higher education; experience writing for an agency or in-house marketing/brand team is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, creative writing, communications, public relations or English required.
- Benefits and Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance for Employees & Dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Online Educational Partnerships 403(b)
- Matched Savings Plan
- Cash Balance Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Benefit
- Voluntary Disability Benefits
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Discounted Auto & Homeowner’s Insurance
- Competitive Compensation Program
- Generous Time-off policies
- Employee Wellness Program