Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Princeton, NJ
Website: Climate Central
Climate Central is seeking a sharp, hard-working Graphic Designer to create weather and climate based visuals for TV and social media. You’ll work closely with our team of scientists and data analysts to break down scientific data and topics into simple, easy-to-understand graphics and animations and you will have the opportunity to get involved with all of our programs, including Climate Matters, which works with TV Meteorologists to bring climate science into the weathercast.
- Design and produce frequent and high volume TV broadcast graphics and animations on weather and climate science.
- Work with our in-house data analysts and scientists to present scientific data and information in new and informative ways.
- Participate in special projects and multimedia design across departmental lines as needed, including a soon to be released state-of-the-art weather/climate website (WXshift.com).
- Communicate effectively, contribute ideas, and help as needed on a small, close editorial team.
- Organize and manage multiple priorities with a strong, self-starter mentality.
- 3 years of professional experience.
- An undergraduate degree (BS, BFA) in Graphic Design, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong design skills and portfolio that demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience and working knowledge of motion design.
- Experience in web, multimedia, interactive, and data visualization design preferred, but not required.
- TV, weather, and scientific design experience a plus, but not required.
Commitment to communicating climate change is not required, but it will make the work more interesting.
*Portfolio samples (6-8) must be presented when applying.
Compensation is competitive, with very generous benefits.
About Climate Central
Climate Central is a rapidly-growing, non-profit organization with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. We are an independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about our changing climate and its impact on the American public. Climate Central is not an advocacy organization and does not lobby or support any specific legislation, policy or bill.
Climate Central strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.