Position: Marketing Technology Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Chatham Financial
Chatham’s Marketing team is seeking an experienced, customer-focused marketing technology (MarTech) manager. This role will play a large part in enabling Chatham’s digital strategy by taking ownership of our public website’s experience and content. This position will also lead future initiatives including performance optimization, search optimization, and direct work for channels such as email, video, landing pages, and marketing automation integration.
Key attributes for a successful candidate:
- Thinker and Doer – Ability to generate ideas and perform hands-on work to execute on those ideas is a critical part of having a positive impact at Chatham.
- Resourceful and Action Oriented – Have a proven ability to find creative ways to solve challenges in order to produce actions that lead to results. An eye towards keeping up on trends and general digital marketing knowledge, and looking to apply those trends, is encouraged.
- Collaborate and Communicate – Chatham has a fluid, team collaboration working style with few titles, and decisions are not made in a top-down fashion. Being resourceful, consultative and action oriented is key, as is building relationships with colleagues. A successful candidate will able to effectively communicate, present, and defend concepts to stakeholders while balancing that with an open mind that can listen, analyze, and implement feedback.
- Owning the Chatham website – As the web manager, this role will handle anything from content and SEO updates via CMS to conceptualizing ideas and jumping in to drive those ideas to reality. Tracking and performance knowledge (Google Analytics) is a must. SEO experience is highly preferred as is engagement with content marketing and content distribution mechanisms. This will be a main function of the role with many projects lined up in addition to regular site refreshes and redesigns.
- Managing digital projects – Strong collaboration skills are a must as this role will work with the internal marketing team, business users, engineering and design teams. Also a track record of managing external vendor relationships such as developer or agency resources is very helpful. Being comfortable with writing and establishing roadmaps, along with meeting strict timelines is a must.
- Providing digital customer experience – The customer journey happens in the digital world, and this role would play a big part of making that journey a positive one. The general website, talking with our marketing automation system, tracking events and goals, and generally presenting information in the most optimized way to help customers reach their goals will be an overarching theme as Chatham’s digital presence evolves.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, design (e.g., graphic, product, interaction, visual communications), computer science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Well versed in WordPress, Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce and similar platforms.
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS.
- High proficiency with MS Excel is preferred. Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
At Chatham Financial, we’re committed to making a positive impact for our clients and markets, communities, and each other. That starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and leadership growth. And yes, we know for most creatives the word “financial” often conjures images of suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams, layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy. Don’t fret. Working here is a unique experience.
- Experience in user-centered design and agile development.
- Strong leadership skills with possible past positions focused on leading teams.
- Our campus is designed to foster creativity and a collaborative spirit. No offices, an open floor plan with numerous gathering spaces, and plenty of whiteboards encourage communication and cross-team creativity.
- Flexibility with your workstation setup, tablet monitors and other peripherals, and adjustable standing desks if desired.
- Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend. Teams form around approved projects and in one week we take ideas from concept to functional prototypes (and sometimes further). It’s an opportunity not only for a creative break from the “day-to-day,” but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact our company and clients.
- Our expanding product suite is built on a common platform that serves the world’s largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide.
- Competitive salary and paid time-off based on experience. Our hiring process in selecting team- and values-oriented individuals who show a desire to be industry leaders results in an incredibly low turnover rate.
- And leave the tie at home. We don’t believe outfits demonstrate how smart you are. We encourage a casual-attire environment.