Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Campus Apartments
Campus Apartments, one of the nation’s largest student housing owners and operators, seeks an experienced marketing-communications professional to manage the marketing efforts for each of its properties. This full-time position is only available at the company’s corporate headquarters in University City, Philadelphia. This individual will be a self-starter with the ability to develop and execute a plan to build relationships with new and prospective residents and their parents, expand our reach in new markets where developments are underway, and support the company’s strategic growth plan through proactive, deliberate marketing communications and lead generation tactics. This individual will also liaise with the company’s Creative agency, and its Public Relations & Social Media agency so prior agency experience is desirable, but not mandatory. A successful candidate is someone who excels at discovering opportunities and making meaningful personal connections, and approaches the role with vigor, energy and passion. He or she is naturally inquisitive and maintains a keen sense of the pulse of today’s college students. The ideal candidate will be able to lead a portfolio-wide marketing program that showcases resident life at the properties through content marketing, social media content and marketing, and other PR and marketing initiatives.
The role is dependent upon the ability to network effectively with each property, listening for “news on the street” and acting on it, understanding and speaking intelligently on important developments that are shaping the behavior of college students. He or she should also demonstrate knowledge of the advertising, social media, and public relations field.
- Develop integrated marketing/communications strategies and plans that will support leasing efforts and help attract and retain residents in diverse geographies
- Work closely with COO and Senior team, writing annual strategic marketing plan and then executing upon that plan with assistance from property personnel
- Liaise with PR & Social Media agency to oversee corporate communications tactics
- Liaise with property personnel to ensure brand consistency in all online and offline channels
- Oversee social media program and ensure successful execution of social strategy; review monthly social reports from each property; make recommendations for continuous engagement and content improvements
- Oversee social media budget to ensure high visibility of content but also clicks to website
- Managing the marketing budget and in-house resources for execution
- 5-7 years marketing/communications experience or agency experience (student housing or real estate experience not required)
- Degree in marketing, communications, or journalism
- Outgoing, confident and entrepreneurial
- Active on social media and love interacting with people both face-to- face and online
- Proven strategic marketing and management skills
- Effective communication both verbally and written
- Proven social media skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence, and energy to quickly gain leadership’s respect
- Ability to work with multiple peer groups effectively
- Ability to work with c-suite leaders daily
- Ability to work with multiple external agencies
Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.