Position: One-year, Visiting Professor of Graphic Design
Location: Radnor, PA
Website: Cabrini University
Start Date: Fall 2020
Position Type: One-Year Contract
Salary Range: $50-55K
The School of Business, Arts, and Media at Cabrini University is seeking candidates for the position of a one-year, Visiting Professor of Graphic Design, beginning in August 2020 for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. This is a 10-month position.
With a teaching load comprised of 9 credits a semester, this faculty member will teach all-levels of web design and development courses as well as the graphic design senior capstone in the Visual + Performing Arts Department. The successful candidate will have professional experience in graphic and web design and be knowledgeable of emerging web technologies and trends.
This candidate must be able to facilitate students from wireframes to prototypes in the development of responsive websites. Instructing students on industry-standard design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD and HTML/CSS coding best-practices are required. Experience with UX and video is a plus.
- Teach three courses per semester (Fall 2020 / Spring 2021)
- Advise students
- Departmental service (curriculum, recruitment, community engagement)
- Support internship program
The candidate should possess the academic credentials and professional experience necessary to teach courses in graphic design, user interface design and web development.
- Master’s degree in graphic design, communication design, interactive design or equivalent (or expected by August 2020).
- Minimum of one-year college-level teaching experience or equivalent professional experience in graphic design, web design and/or web development field/s.
- Experience in designing for print, interactive or emerging media.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud software specifically: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, XD
- Proficient in web development (specifically HTML, CSS, light JS) and front-end design.
- Proficient in Content Management Systems (CMS) workflows, especially WordPress, to design professional websites.
- Proficient in the use of GitHub to host student websites.
- Willingness to teach in an online modality using Blackboard.
Benefits and Salary:
The salary will be based on the candidate’s experience. Cabrini University offers employees an extensive benefits package, tuition assistance, and various professional and personal development opportunities.
To Apply: Go to jobs.cabrini.edu and submit the following: 1) Cover Letter; 2) Curriculum vita; 3) Teaching Philosophy (one page); 4) Three References including contact information; 5) Ten Digital Images of Professional Work with a list identifying & describing work, and 6) Ten Digital Images of Students’ Work with a list identifying & describing work.