Position: Manager of Finance/Controller
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Bluecadet, an award winning, digital creative agency with headquarters in Philadelphia and an office in New York City is seeking a Director of Finance/Controller (the “DOFC”). The ideal candidate is a skilled and experienced accountant who is meticulous with numbers, thrives on entrepreneurship, and is eager to develop and refine the processes and systems that ensure a sound business environment for our agency.
The DOFC is responsible for all financial operations for both locations, including reporting, budgeting, HR administration (payroll, healthcare and benefits), banking, risk management, cost accounting and facilities management. We are seeking to hire a candidate who is eager to collaborate with our leadership team, and excited about the opportunity to join a fast growing, dynamic, and super creative team.
The DFOC will contribute to the company’s strategy, then live it by performing each of the job functions, whether routine or strategic, in a highly ethical, competent and proactive manner, so that others are enabled and encouraged to do the same. The DFOC will report to the Philadelphia-based Managing Director and CEO.
- Financial strategy, both short term and long term, which aligns to company vision and goals
- Communication of financial results and operational data (utilization of teams, project profitability) to craft the story of the company’s performance
- Prepare monthly financial reporting
- Oversee working capital management, including short term/long term cash analysis
- Oversee payroll and employee benefits
- A/R, A/P, banking, revenue schedule and cash flow
- Managing accounting software (Quickbooks Online) including expense tracking and budgets
- Direct and execute month-end and year-end close process (w/ third party accountant)
- Interface with third party financial advisor to the CEO on macro financial issues
- Ensure timely reporting of financial information to company leadership
- Prepare regular financial reports based on business KPIs
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with leadership team
- Prepare annual budgets, cash forecasts, and financial growth plans
- Collaborate with Managing Director to define and enforce revenue policies and review and improve systems for project profitability and utilization reporting
- Manage banking, insurance and other key finance relationships
- Assess and manage tax, accounting, legal and regulatory implications of business decisions to ensure all issues are considered and addressed
- Provide finance support related to business expansion
- Insurance, taxes, rent and landlord/tenant relations for PHL and NYC
- Manage and develop finance and administrative staff, including oversight of facilities, IT, and space planning and expansions
- Manage general HR admin functions with support from admin staff
- Manage employee benefits including enrollment, health insurance, 401K, PTO, onboarding new hires, etc.
- Excellent communicator
- Works well with minimal oversight
- Proactive, high-energy, and reliable
- Diplomatic and professional when handling tough situations
- Innovative and pragmatic problem-solver and decision maker
- Want to see your hard work have an impact on the success of the company
- Excited about working at a growing company within a dynamic industry
- This position requires at least 5 years of experience in finance operations and
- An accreditation as a certified public accountant is not required but would be looked upon favorably
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, generous paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and flexible hours.