Position: Junior Visual Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Blue is a creative partner to a solid client base of agencies & brands. With a talent pool of creators who are inspired by big ideas and challenged by the ever-evolving art of storytelling and emerging technology. We understand the power of visual storytelling and unabashedly immerse ourselves in exploring and embracing technology that constantly pushes
the boundaries of consumer engagement. We’re faithful to the challenge from the start. We’re focused on the story that needs to be told. And we’re fearless about finding unique, new ways for brands to use VR/AR to connect, convert and amplify. We’re artists, creators and problem solvers. We’re Blue.
Blue is looking for a hands-on junior designer to join our Visual Design team. Junior visual designers apply their graphic design skills to help our Visual Design team deliver world-class graphic design, branding and platform/service design.
Visual designers work closely with their teammates in our visual design, strategy, experience design, and technology departments to produce beautiful and compelling work. They use their design thinking to solve problems through visual communication. Depending on the project, they may create deliverables for campaign communications, brand identity projects, and/or platform/service designs. Junior visual designers understand and extend the visual language of a given project, consider how the end-product will work and be used, and deliver high-quality assets in accordance with creative direction.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Designer at Blue:
On any given day you might
The ideal person
- Work with senior designers to extend the visual language of a diverse array of projects.
- Assist senior designers to create a range of visual design deliverables from: visual concepts, branding, mock-ups, typography, iconography, presentations and layouts across multiple platforms, including TV, web, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and campaigns.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message while working within existing style guides, brand guidelines, and in accordance with creative direction.
- Demonstrates proficiency in design tools, especially Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote. Knowledge of prototyping tools, like Invision, are a plus.
- Has portfolio demonstrating strong graphic design skills and design thinking.
- Able to solve problems through design thinking, and basic understanding of the digital landscape.
- Able to communicate concepts and iterate low-fi prototypes through sketching.
- Graphic design coursework and previous experience a plus.