Position: Graphic Design & Digital Content Associate
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Start Date: 07/1/20
Position Type: Full time
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
BalletX, Philadelphia’s premier contemporary ballet, seeks a creative entry- to mid-level designer/marketer to support our communication efforts as full-time Graphic Design & Digital Content Associate.
Founded on a mission to produce original choreography that expands the vocabulary of classical dance for all audiences, BalletX unites distinguished choreographers with an outstanding company of world-class dancers to forge new works of athleticism, emotion, and grace. We produce three series each season as Resident Dance Company of The Wilma Theater, as well as a wide array of educational programming based in Philadelphia public schools and in our home studio, the Center for World Premiere Choreography at 19th and Washington Avenue.
The Graphic Design & Digital Content Associate will work under the supervision and guidance of our Marketing & PR Manager to streamline BalletX’s marketing efforts, including scheduling and coordinating ad deadlines; designing marketing deliverables; organizing and managing the seasonal marketing calendar; overseeing social media marketing design and strategy; reporting on the Marketing team’s work; and more.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about dance and the arts. They will be strategically-minded with a strong background in visual design, an eye for trends, and a creative approach to branding and social media. They will be detail-oriented, organized, and proactive, pushing our small team to even greater heights. They will be dedicated to investing time and energy into growing with an organization that deeply cares about both the arts and our community.
The position is full-time, 40 hours per week with benefits. It is an entry- to mid-level position, with salary commensurate with experience.
Role and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS:
- Assists the marketing, development, and education departments in developing, implementing and evaluating short- and long-term departmental communication, marketing, and advertising strategies.
- Assists in managing BalletX’s digital subscription service, including digital and video content management, editing, and archiving.
- Assists Marketing & PR manager in planning, creating, and updating all social media and video-sharing platforms.
- Completes daily audits and edits to the BalletX website to ensure that it is consistently up-to-date.
- Oversees the collection of analytics for all marketing and communications-related activities, and reports as needed.
- Develops and implements evaluation tools to measure and interpret outcomes, goals, and objectives.
- Maintains design calendar in collaboration with marketing, development, and education departments, and meets design deadlines for advertising, email marketing, social media, fundraising, and other collateral.
- Works collaboratively with BalletX’s head graphic designer, Artistic & Executive Director, and Marketing & PR Manager to develop and design physical and digital content and collateral that supports departmental communication and advertising strategies.
- Drafts and edits marketing copy and design with departmental teams that reflects short- and long-term communication strategies and adheres to BalletX’s brand style guide.
- Coordinates email lists and designs, schedules, and organizes email marketing campaigns.
- Attends and supports company-wide events when necessary, including fundraising, education, and performance-related events.
- Passion for the arts and BalletX’s mission/vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design-related field preferred, but not required.
- Advanced experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere.
- Basic video filming and editing skills preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of current marketing methods and strategies, particularly in an arts/nonprofit setting, and proven experience in visual design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including copywriting.
- Self-motivated and compassionate team-player.
- Demonstrated ability to forward plan, set objectives, and achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
Benefits and Salary:
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and paid time off.
To Apply: To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and design portfolio samples to Megan O’Donnell at email@example.com. If you have film/editing experience, please forward samples.