Position: Marketing Manager
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt
Start Date: 6/1/2021
BalletX seeks a marketing star, thinker and doer – someone who can use their creativity and marketing experience to drive the organization’s programs and offerings.
BalletX, led by Artistic & Executive Director Christine Cox, is recognized as a “place of choreographic innovation” (The New Yorker) for producing over 100 world premieres by more than 50 choreographers in its 15-year history, a record “few companies can match” (The New York Times). The company’s streaming platform, BalletX Beyond, launched in September 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, has produced dance films by choreographers from around the world, reaching subscribers in 26 states and 7 countries and earning a reputation for “revolutionizing virtual performance” (Harper’s Bazaar). In addition to commissioning new works for stage and film, BalletX offers a number of education and community programs designed to bring its home city of Philadelphia and the nation closer to dance. Learn more about the company at www.BalletX.org.
The Marketing Manager role will collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team to lead BalletX’s efforts in all marketing-related activities and initiatives, including the development and implementation of promotional materials, mailings, e-newsletters, content marketing, social media, advertising plans and placement, press releases, media lists, and metrics/results reporting.
The individual should be well equipped at setting and executing marketing strategies using standard and best-in-class tools and platforms, and be able to perform research on products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities. Bonus: we’re a tight knit team so you’ll gain great experience interacting frequently with our founder and Artistic & Executive Director.
If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
• Work across a multifunctional team in the organization, its agencies and other consultants to drive a best-in-class marketing practice.
• Oversee and maintain a master marketing calendar and communicate deadlines with the BalletX team.
• Develop and lead the social media and digital marketing content strategy, and collaborate across team members to create content for, make connections on, and manage social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and others.
• Lead community management across all social media channels with the collaboration and assistance of key BalletX team members.
• Plan and implement marketing and distribution of materials for all BalletX events, from performance series, pop-ups, education/outreach activities and more.
• Coordinate with fellow staff to obtain content for announcements, e-blasts, social media, and various publications regarding exhibitions, programs, community collaborations and special events.
• Assist the Artistic & Executive Director in the production of BalletX season brochures and various marketing pieces — from developing production schedule, editorial lineup, and soliciting copy and creative assets from staff, to editing content and coordinating with graphic designers and print vendors.
• Coordinate with creative consultants, media and vendors to produce all marketing materials, including announcements, invitations, exhibition passes, rack cards, postcards and advertisements.
• Coordinate with photographers and videographers for general photography/ videography and special events.
• Create, edit, proofread and/or oversee copy and marketing materials to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Oversee production and installation of marketing-related posters, banners and signage.
• Develop and maintain marketing information systems, including files, calendars, mailing lists and print materials.
• Monitor, record, and prepare monthly reports on marketing efforts.
• Manage an advertising schedule and paid media budget.
• Maintain a central archive of printed materials for organizational use.
• Assist with data entry and management of PatronManager and Salesforce, including mailing list sign-ups and CRM implementation.
• Set, track, analyze and report on overall audience engagement and growth KPIs (e.g. website traffic, email opens and CTRs, subscriptions, donations, sales conversion rates, and social media metrics, etc.).
• Stay current on digital marketing trends and best practices.
• Work across a multifunctional team with the organization, its agencies and other consultants.
• Assist in crafting a refreshed BalletX story that takes audiences through the organization’s offerings and experiences in a clear and compelling way. • Act as chief liaison to the Marketing Committee of the BalletX Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings and taking appropriate minutes.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in marketing strategy and tactical implementation of marketing activities
• Experience working in the performing arts space / non-profits is a PLUS
• Knowledge and experience working in email and CRM platforms such as EMMA, Salesforce, PatronManager, and other third-party marketing platforms
• Experience using project management platforms and tools like Google Workspace, Basecamp, Airtable, Asana, Trello, Dropbox, etc.
• Experience using social media platforms like Facebook Business Manager, Co.Schedule, Later, etc.
• In-depth experience with analytical tools and performance reporting in order to optimize tactics and strategies to support audience engagement, growth, retention and CRM efforts
• Well versed in Google Analytics, and other business intelligence tools
• Demonstrated project management, negotiation and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities and complete responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary
Benefits and Salary:
This position is full-time with salary range of $50,000-$60,000 (commensurate with experience) and accompanying benefits. BalletX is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and two or three work samples to Megan O’Donnell, Associate Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work samples may include copywriting, email campaigns, and/or social media campaigns. In your cover letter, please outline your particular role in the creation of any attached work samples.