Position: Art Director- Creative Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Metro Corp.
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
The Art Director is a Philadelphia based position supporting the event teams of Philadelphia and Boston magazines, reporting to the Creative Director of Creative Services. This person will play an integral role in the conceptual development of events across print, digital and experiential. The Creative Services team is responsible for maintaining the Philadelphia and Boston magazine brands as well as coming up with unique and engaging solutions for clients. This is a unique role that combines agency style work with brand work through the lens of a modern media company.
We are looking for someone who is incredibly brand orientated who can bring a new perspective to the table and help us take our identities to the next level. This person will be responsible for projects ranging from, but not limited to event collateral and promotion, and marketing materials. This role will also help to support City/Studio, an in-house creative and custom content studio and the newest addition to the Philly Mag/ Boston Mag family.
Upon applying please provide a pdf or link to your portfolio as well as provide salary requirements. Applications will not be considered without portfolio AND salary requirements.
Email resume, portfolio and salary requirements to Maria Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports to: Creative Director, Creative Services
Evaluated by: Creative Director, Creative Services
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We believe that different backgrounds and perspectives make us a better company. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to have a staff that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals and other groups historically underrepresented in the publishing and media industry. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Metro Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Works closely with the Events Departments to execute design for events, client projects and promotional campaigns. Items include but are not limited to:
• Event branding design and strategy
• Event collateral and marketing materials
• Philly Mag and Boston Mag branding design and strategy
• Direct mail pieces
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction, work independently and adhere to quick-turn around deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
• BA Required
• 2-4 years of professional design experience Skills/Qualifications:
• Expert in Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS and general digital design
• Familiar with print magazine design work, deadlines and process as well as marketing and branding experience
• Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Team Mentality, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Collaborative and can adapt to client and senior management direction
Benefits and Salary:
Full company benefits including health/dental/vision/life/ltd and 401k