Position: Director, Graphic Services
Website: American College of Physicians
Position Type: Full-time permanent
Start Date: June 2021
The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine located in Philadelphia, is seeking a Director of Graphic Services to lead ACP’s graphic and production services team to create and deliver design strategies that support the organization’s brand, business objectives, and strategic priorities.
The Director is accountable for determining the best ways to represent the College’s corporate brand and its products and services in digital and print mediums, and for implementing design solutions in a manner that meets quality standards for design, layout, and production. Their primary responsibilities include:
• Leading, developing, and coaching the department’s staff, and managing its budget
• Creating and evaluating print and digital design concepts within the context of the client’s specifications and branding
• Collaborating across departments with project owners to drive their vision forward
• Providing support to graphic designers throughout the design process and presenting design solutions to project owners
• Working with production and direct mail staff to ensure projects are completed accurately and on time
• Selecting and maintaining relationships with print and direct mail vendors
A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related field is required, along with several years of experience in a management position. Qualified candidates should be well versed in print and digital design concepts, production methods, direct mail operations, and vendor relations. The successful candidate will be a strategic and critical thinker with the ability to analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions. The Director works closely with project owners throughout the organization and must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Benefits and Salary:
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits, and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio when applying online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.