MARKETING & OPERATIONS MANAGER
MISSION: The Art + Business Council of Greater Philadelphia (ABC) strengthens our creative sector, including arts, culture and for-profit creative businesses, by engaging the business, legal and technology communities, providing capacity-building services, and serving as a thought leader and a convener. ABC, with the support of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce (GPCC), is uniquely positioned to actively connect the creative sector with the business, legal and technology communities.
ABOUT: For over 30 years, ABC has been a catalyst for strengthening the capacity of arts and cultural organizations through partnerships with the business sector. These partnerships build business support for the arts and help make the region a more attractive place to live, work and visit. As importantly, the partnerships provide employees with professional development and leadership opportunities, as well as ways to improve work/life balance. In addition to our capacity building, skills-based volunteer programs, ABC acts as a thought leader and convener by bringing world-class speakers like Sheryl Sandberg, Simon Sinek and Arianna Huffington to the Philadelphia region. Read our most recent Annual Report for more information.
OUR WORK: Samples of our most recent work include:
CreativeXchange – Last Chance to Apply
Fall 2015 Volunteer Orientations
ABC Awards Celebration 2015 – Honorees
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing & Operations Manager to lead the marketing and communications efforts for the Arts + Business Council, and provide oversight of the operations of the Arts + Business Council.
- Along with the Executive Director (ED) set direction for marketing, communication and PR initiatives and lead the implementation on communications efforts, including:
- Marketing materials for all ABC programs and events (e.g., printed postcards, social media and web graphics, signage, slides and supplementary materials)
- HTML email marketing management and implementation
- ABC monthly e-newsletter
- ABC annual report
- Editorial writing and other copy as needed
- ABC website content
- Manage ABC Marketing & Communications Associate
- Coordinate ABC programs-related marketing efforts with Programs staff
- Work with ED on management of overall ABC budgeting process and finances
- Work with ED on design and execution of annual ABC Awards Celebration, including management of the nomination process, awards jury and sponsor relations
- Liaise with GPCC Marketing staff as needed to coordinate communications
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partner organizations for promotional purposes
- Collaborate with ED on new program and event design and management and oversee ABC relationship with GPCC Programs & Events department on events
- Lead efforts on data and metrics management relating to ABC events and fulfillment of sponsor benefits
- Work with ED to develop new sponsorship sales packages and to track metrics
- Manage relationship with community partners for promotional purposes
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of experience in marketing/advertising/ communications
- Ability to layout print marketing materials and create web banners using Adobe Creative Suite (CS6)
- Experience managing social media for a business or organization
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Aptitude for solving problems with design thinking, and a general understanding of and appreciation for design and innovation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Time management skills – capable of meeting tight deadlines, managing multiple projects and prioritizing responsibilities.
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM is a plus
• Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office — including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of Greater Philadelphia region, business community, creative community and experience in interacting with these markets with an emphasis on the nonprofit arts & culture sector.
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The Marketing & Operations Manager works in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, on a regular basis, the Marketing & Operations Manager will be required to attend Chamber/ABC events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber/ABC. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours and outside of center city Philadelphia.
GPCC/ABC offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should upload the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names/Contact information for three professional references
- Writing sample: in 100 words or less, let us know why you want to support Greater Philadelphia’s growing creative sector.
- Samples of your design work or a link to an online portfolio
Applications submitted without these materials will not be considered. Apply to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=gpcc&jobId=13788&lang=en_US&source=CC3