Position: Front-End Developer
Location: Hammonton, NJ
Website: 1 Trick Pony
WHAT WE NEED:
As a Front-End Developer at 1 Trick Pony, you’ll be working with a variety of existing web-presences and developing new ones. You should be comfortable building a site from the ground up and working with and maintaining other people’s code. You should be familiar with and excited to develop interactive front-end experiences with clean, maintainable code, in addition to using animation and motion to further enhance user experience. The projects you work on may also require interacting with external API’s and pulling in data feeds from XML, JSON, and other sources.
While the primary role of a Front End Developer is to create, maintain, and support superior quality user interfaces, the ability to integrate his or her work with backend environments and content management tools is a must. This includes a level of comfort with WordPress and/or Drupal, PHP and some knowledge of database and SQL syntax.
1 Trick Pony developers primarily work independently on projects, but also take direction and collaborate with Account Directors, Art Directors and Creative Directors. We are looking for someone who can thrive as part of a collaborative team. The ideal person also has the ability to communicate to all levels of users, strong problem-solving skills, and is adaptable, proactive and willing to ask questions.
- Experience utilizing CSS Pre-compliers along with Node build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- Experience integrating with a variety of CMS systems (WordPress, Drupal, Expression Engine, etc)
- Experience implementing standards based websites built for accessibility, SEO and interactivity
- Experience working with social network API’s (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.)
- Experience developing mobile and/or responsive web sites.
- Experience with version control software, such as GIT or SVN
- Flexibility to juggle multiple projects while being able to solve problems independently, and deliver on required timelines
- Ability to effectively communicate your work with both technical and non-technical peers
- Enjoy working both in teams and independently as required by the projects and tasks at hand
- Superior attention to detail and a strong ability to QA one’s own work required, including cross-browser and cross-platform displays and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience using templating engines such as Underscore, Twig, Handlebars, Mustache, etc.
- Facebook application development experience
- Active Github/Codepen member
1 Trick Pony, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resume and URLs of websites/projects that you helped to design and build, describing your role in the process to email@example.com.
Benefits and Salary:
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered and negotiated according to experience and competence level. Company offers competitive benefits including company paid health insurance, company paid dental, 401(K) w/ company contribution and paid time off.